Get this NUMPTY off our roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveK

Banned
Car
ML270
Automatic ban as far as I am concerned. never mind court appearances and solicitors trying to weedle away out for her !

'A confused grandmother injured four motorists after driving 15 miles down the wrong carriageway of a motorway.

Martha Harwood, 81, caused cars to swerve and one to crash into a barrier as she attempted to reach home on the westbound carriageway of the M65 in Lancashire.

The retired florist claims she became confused by the layout of a roundabout and, once on the motorway, was forced to continue "because there was nowhere else to go".'

She could have pulled up on the hard shoulder and stopped for crying out loud.

'Mrs Harwood, who has been driving since her 30s, added: "I haven't decided if I will stop driving. I feel a bit silly about what has happened."

Four passengers travelling in a Ford Fiesta, which crashed into the central reservation, were taken to hospital with minor injuries.

The motorway was closed for five hours as one passenger was cut free and the wreckage cleared from the road.

I've decided for you ....push off you idiot.

there really isn't anything you can say in mitigation is there?!

a good argument for annual tests above a certain age methinks..........

So you make the mistake, there are cars hurtling towards you to confirm that you are going the wrong way. If she has come down the slip road on the wrong side she will be in lane one and right next to the hard shoulder. But NO, she just thought she would battle on and to hell with every one else. Senile old goat.

don't worry. some one will soon be round arguing how foreign and polish drivers should be banned as they "cause all the accidents and do not pay tax e.t.c" on our roads.
Never mind our own rubbish and uninsured ones.
Charity i say begins at home.

I find this story hard to believe.

However, as this poster of this thread is from St Helens (fine place it is too), and that the incident occured on the M65, then, there must be some truth in it, and a matter for concern for all road users.

But is it really possible to travel 15 miles, on any motorway in our fair country, without passing a Highways agency patrol officer? I need convincing.

Highway Patrol = plastic policemen. They were introduced to sweep up broken glass after the event.

Highway Patrol = plastic policemen. They were introduced to sweep up broken glass after the event.

DaveK is not a real forum member, not like in the good old days, he's one of those "forums on the cheap" members. Introduced by the government to fool us into thinking there are more people on this forum than there really are.
He doesn't do anything useful, he just turns up and trys to look pretty.
But we aren't fooled, we know that if we gave up 3 DaveKs we could have 2 proper forum members.

Bah humbug.

:p

Oh dear, personal attack time. Hope this isn't one of those forums where only the views of members who joined when petrol was 5/2d a gallon are allowed to hold a viewpoint.

Oh dear, personal attack time. Hope this isn't one of those forums where only the views of members who joined when petrol was 5/2d a gallon are allowed to hold a viewpoint.

Not a personal attack, just a gentle rib tickle. And whats a 5/2d? I think it must have been before my time.:D

Five shillings and two pence. Thats how we used to write things when they cost real money.

Automatic ban as far as I am concerned. never mind court appearances and solicitors trying to weedle away out for her !

'A confused grandmother injured four motorists after driving 15 miles down the wrong carriageway of a motorway.

Martha Harwood, 81, caused cars to swerve and one to crash into a barrier as she attempted to reach home on the westbound carriageway of the M65 in Lancashire.

The retired florist claims she became confused by the layout of a roundabout and, once on the motorway, was forced to continue "because there was nowhere else to go".'

She could have pulled up on the hard shoulder and stopped for crying out loud.

'Mrs Harwood, who has been driving since her 30s, added: "I haven't decided if I will stop driving. I feel a bit silly about what has happened."

Four passengers travelling in a Ford Fiesta, which crashed into the central reservation, were taken to hospital with minor injuries.

The motorway was closed for five hours as one passenger was cut free and the wreckage cleared from the road.

I've decided for you ....push off you idiot.

I feel I have been "got at" - all I can picture as I read this is the old dear character from Little Britain, in the Post Office, over a puddle....:crazy:

^haha

Annual re-tests for all over a certain age...

And people between 18-25...because alot of young people tend to drive stupidly too.

Maybe it all sounds crazy to most people, a senile old lady that got teribly confused !.
but in south wales over the past few years there have been a number of incedences of this kind, and not old lady's either.
but getaway drivers have deliberatly been using the wrong side of the motorway in order to shake off the police giving chase !.

On my speed awareness course I was paired with an 85 year old bloke who couldn't read his own registration plate when asked (he didn't even realise the instructor was pointed at his own car !)

The bloke nearly crashed into some bollards in the middle of a busy road and was told off three times for speeding.

When the instructor asked him why he had been caught speeding he replied "because the bloody speed camera was hidden behind a tree" !

The instructor had to repeatedly tell him to slow down and the old man replied "wow it's got some go this car hasn't it ?"

I was peeing myself laughing (and in fear) as I sat in the back of the car.

And whats a 5/2d?

Prior to decimalisation this is how they spoke 5/2d, but post decimalisation, all us younguns know that 5/2d is realy 2.5d :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom