Get Those House Cylinder Locks Changed - Part Deux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Moving on from John D's and contributors' helpful thread on cylinder locks (https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/222924-get-those-house-cylinder-locks-changed.html), I decided it was timely to review our side door security as the 15 year old handles were tatty and felt like they were going to "go" soon anyway. Also, as I last changed the cylinder in 2007 for one which was "harder to grip", clearly things have moved on since then!

Having replaced the handles and in the process of acquiring a new cylinder, my thoughts turn to the hinges. There seems no point in making the handles and cylinder tough when the hinges are shyte.

I currently have the attached hinges. I cannot find a direct replacement for them so I am wondering if it is just better to fit hinge bolts instead to mitigate?

Last edited:
They're known as bullet hinges. Might help you find direct replacements.

Hinge bolts are a good solution. Low cost, good security and the added benefit that Johnny Burglar doesn't know where to attack.

Johnny Burglar

After that last stint in the slammer, I've given it up now but you're right - I'd have no idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom