Getting an EQC in a few weeks time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Those numbers were achieved driving fairly sensible driving on a motorway.

Yes, my MBC also has the "stop the other half complaining when you are pressing on round bends for fun" feature (aka anti-tilt).

I am the same with MPG. I'm sure the 350 and 400s are great to drive but I can't stand the stuff.

I have also driven a 68 plate S450L but I found the 9 speed a bit poor at changing at times (maybe software will improve), the 3.0 was a bit light on power - hopefully the new S500L running the same engine has enough hybridity to compensate and the AirMATIC on 20s was not very forgiving.

I may have been spoilt of course...

It is W223 as the current (shape we are discussing) is W222. It doesn't automatically increase like that though - we've had the C218 CLS replace the C219 CLS so clearly someone at MB likes a drink sometimes.
I laughed at your comment "I may have been spoilt of course...", these are real first world problems. Coincidentally, whenever I see a W222 S500 I always think REAL DEAL. Nice car

I picked up my EQC 31/10/20 from Mercedes Brooklands. Handover was very fast, as is the process of form filling is all done on an iPad now. I have purchased from the sales girl before, so she didn't have to go through the normal lengthy introduction to the car. She just handed me the key and off I went. So far this is the best car I have owned (leased). I absolutely love it, it was like an instant bond. My last 3 cars W222 350d, C217 S63 Coupe Audi A8 50d. All of them promised much, but the only the EQC has delivered. It is quite, fast (without fuss), well equipped with the new MBUX. I have only done 500 miles, so early feedback only. Range about 200 miles. I have another car for distance if we go to France. You will love it.
Wh did you go for the EQC? I hated the Audi (very unreliable even tho was less than 2 years old and 15k miles) and the government are being very generous with taxation for electric company cars. So I had a go with the EQC and didn't expect to like it so much, let alone be blown away.
still going strong ?

still going strong ?
Yes it is still going strong, no problems (so far) at all. After about 6 weeks of ownership I chopped in the GLC for a GLE Coupe 400d Premium Plus. This was premature, just made sense looking at the deals. So I do not daily the EQC anymore. However, although the GLE has better seats, suspension and is just a nicer cabin. I still take the EQC out over the GLE, it is a better drive. The GLE does have rattles (been resolved) from both front doors. It is not built as well as the EQC.However, short answer, yes the EQC is still delivering and now with a home charger installed it really is great. It is great because we only use it for shorter journeys.We have never achieved over 170 mile range from a full charge

Yes it is still going strong, no problems (so far) at all. After about 6 weeks of ownership I chopped in the GLC for a GLE Coupe 400d Premium Plus. This was premature, just made sense looking at the deals. So I do not daily the EQC anymore. However, although the GLE has better seats, suspension and is just a nicer cabin. I still take the EQC out over the GLE, it is a better drive. The GLE does have rattles (been resolved) from both front doors. It is not built as well as the EQC.However, short answer, yes the EQC is still delivering and now with a home charger installed it really is great. It is great because we only use it for shorter journeys.We have never achieved over 170 mile range from a full charge
Fantastic 👏 enjoy . My experience has been less favourable .

He sent it back to MB...that bad.
Correct. I initiated the rejection process. Sad to see it go as I love it but needs must. 2 failed coolant pumps, transmission fault. 1 day after collecting the car its asking for more coolant . Out of interest guys are you thrashing the cars or are you just driving them gently? At times I utilise all 402 horses 🐎 🤣
Any bearing ?

Correct. I initiated the rejection process. Sad to see it go as I love it but needs must. 2 failed coolant pumps, transmission fault. 1 day after collecting the car its asking for more coolant . Out of interest guys are you thrashing the cars or are you just driving them gently? At times I utilise all 402 horses 🐎 🤣
Any bearing ?
That shouldn't matter (within reason) if it were a sold as a fragile 'summer day' use only vehicle then fair enough. But not if marketed as a viable day to day alternative to a car with a ICE engine .

Any bearing ?
No bearing on power used--most probably down to cheaply made components [pumps]--- when you say 2 pumps replaced I asume you mean the same pump replaced twice? the thing I would be most wary of would be the frequent use of very high rate chargers possibly shortening battery life.
ps altho the manufacturers imply electric vehicles can be driven in the same manner as their IC equivalents I think they may require an altered driving technique [MINDSET] to get the best out of them-- not better or worse than IC just different?

Last edited:
Any bearing ?
For the first 1500 miles I really only had fast chargers at my disposal. On my way to them, I would fully take advantage of the horses as I knew I didn't have to worry about range. Now charged at home and my wife doesn't get re-gen or any other EV driving techniques. She just drives it. So far (approaching 3k miles) nothing wrong with the car.

You shouldn't really have to 'understand' a mass produced car to be able to drive it. I am sure manufacturers could make any car they make 'better' if only marketed to car nuts and people who read the manual before getting behind the wheel ..if they exist (and people who join forums ;)) But they do not.

I feel for the OP who has had a bad experience after buying into the new tech but I am pleased for Stefan who seems to be having quite the opposite experience with exactly the same product. Time will tell on EV's. They will get there in the end.

Cue jokes about 'getting there'...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom