Getting CD Track Names to show on Command....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There was a change at some point. My Comand (05) can read mp3 cd's in the autochanger, but not in the comand CD slot.

David

Ok Ive just looked at Itunes and it says you have to tick the box...
cut

Out of curiosity, just tried to burn an audio CD with iTunes following these instructions and my W221 was showing the titles and the playlist on the Comand display. Never tried that before.

Managed to burn an audio CD like this on my laptop but it didn't display track names on my W215 :mad:

Jadefox what year is your C270?I reckon the reading of tracks on Comand depends on the age of your Comand and wether you have ID3 Tags compatibility. I have Comand 2.0 on a 2003 CLK 270.
It does not display CD names as I do not have ID3 Tags. This is why I have not bothered to fit an ipod kit as I cannot "see" the track information on the Comand screen. I use the mp3 jack in the glove compartment.
I'm told there's a way to watch video images from your ipod on the Comand screen but I don't know how

Jadefox what year is your C270?I reckon the reading of tracks on Comand depends on the age of your Comand and wether you have ID3 Tags compatibility. I have Comand 2.0 on a 2003 CLK 270.
It does not display CD names as I do not have ID3 Tags. This is why I have not bothered to fit an ipod kit as I cannot "see" the track information on the Comand screen. I use the mp3 jack in the glove compartment.
I'm told there's a way to watch video images from your ipod on the Comand screen but I don't know how

I don't think there is any relation between ID3 tags and CD Text. They are two different functions. My laptop's CD player is the only one that recognises CD Text yet all drives can read ID3 tags with the correct software.

The only way I know of displaying iPod, or any other, video on COMAND is via the auxilliary inputs on a TV Tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom