• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Getting Insurance for driving to the Garage for MOT & Repairs Insured when Sorned and MOT Expired

Analysis paralysis.

There are 800,000 untaxed cars on the UK roads at present. (In my experience belonging to Chavs, youngsters and “classic car owners.” Other reasons are available.)

And there are one million uninsured drivers pootling around on UK roads.

“Some say” just drive it, carefully and slowly, to a pre-booked MoT. “All we know is” do no harm and don’t get caught.

Analysis paralysis.

There are 800,000 untaxed cars on the UK roads at present. (In my experience belonging to Chavs, youngsters and “classic car owners.” Other reasons are available.)

And there are one million uninsured drivers pootling around on UK roads.

“Some say” just drive it, carefully and slowly, to a pre-booked MoT. “All we know is” do no harm and don’t get caught.

The number of uninsured drivers is actually likely to be even higher, if you include those cases where the cars do have an insurance policy but the drivers are still not insured 'in the circumstances', e.g. they are not a named driver on the vehicle, or they are not insured for the nature of their driving (e.g. using the car for business, transferring passengers for a fee, or street racing etc), or their vehicles have undeclared modifications, or their cars have failed or expired MOT, or are otherwise not roadworthy, etc.......

I’m sure a 5 minute phone call to the OPs insurance company would have this resolved.

This is not a unique situation, just needs valid insurance to take it for an MOT.

I think the confusion is from the idea of using a ‘day cover’ type place who have unusual T&Cs.

Last option - call the garage and see if they’ll collect? :)

Hi , In Worcester some government department has a special car that drives round looking for for untaxed , cars with no insurance etc etc.

Looks similar to the Google Street Wise cars.

See if the garage can pick it up using their trade plates. Don't imagine it would be toooooo expensive

Hi , In Worcester some government department has a special car that drives round looking for for untaxed , cars with no insurance etc etc.

Looks similar to the Google Street Wise cars.

Good , I hope it's out on the road 24/7

You mean the cars with the camera turret on the roof?

I hope the DVLA declared the modification to their insurer..... :doh: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom