Getting out of hand.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
I have had my W212 for exactly 42 days, and I've just added up what I have spent since I drove the car off the forecourt that hot sunny day back in September.
Consider too, the £555 road fund and £400+ insurance to drive away legally.

The amount that is totting up is disturbing considering I contacted MSL today with a view to spending over £1k on something I don't really need, but want at the same time:D

The slippery slope started with an inquiry for rear tinted windows that cost £170.

Security was high on my list of needs, so a visit to Comand and £399 later solved that.
Also wanted to keep the KG keys safer, so a signal blocking pouch had to bought at £10

I also noticed the the front grill AMG badge was missing so handing over a paltry £15 for a new one was childs play.

Naturally, a black car needed special potions to keep it looking pristine, so £27 saw some PoorBoys Black Hole and Bilt Hamber wax delivered.
The wax was a bit heavy going to remove so a new DA polisher had to be ordered. Only a cheap one, but bye bye to another £50. The wheels need sealing too, so Autoglym comes to the rescue at £11 a tin.
Of course, browsing the forum and seeing some natty AMG courtesy downlights got my attention. Kerching......£24 to you sir. Still haven't fitted them:doh:
Hmmm, that alloy footrest on eBay is cheap at £11. I'll have some of that!
Fortunately the Mercedes Me App fitted today was free:banana:

When will it stop?
I seriously need to curb my spending. If the missus reads this I'm on the naughty step.
I have 2 rear P Zero tyres I don't particularly like and its £400 to replace those. And if MSL get the almost inevitable visit, to be able to enjoy one of their goodies really asks for a Quaife LSD at £1550 fitted.

Am I alone in this madness?
Did you spend like a lottery winner when you got another car?

To be fair AMGeed thats good going considering what I need(want) doing

You're not the only one Roger, I'm guilty of wanting things perfect too on my pride and joy, as are other members *cough* @merc85 *cough* :D

The only way not to slide down the slope too fast is to prioritise 'need' before 'want'

you're not the only one.

e46 bmw m3, owned since april.
nil service history. purchase inspection and initial repairs £1k
MOT gbp 50 approx
Alpine e46 android auto head unit , reversing camera and subwoofer gbp1.5k
MP4s tyres × 4 approx gbp600
rear rotors and brakes, replacing parking sensors, replacing gear shift flappy paddle electronics gbp1.1k
thinkware c800pro + install gbp 350ish

look on wife's face when cc bill arrived... PRICELESS

Dave, you took spending to a whole new level nobody wants to repeat:D
Just waiting for Dave to come out the other side in the new year with a plan for the E63S. I'm sure it will make a Bentley look like a shopping trolley.

Just waiting for Dave to come out the other side in the new year with a plan for the E63S. I'm sure it will make a Bentley look like a shopping trolley.

Its an S63 Coupe now. Acid has the E63S.
I'm sure Dave something in mind;)

I personally think your playing at it, Roger from the day i got my van till now. It's had so much added to it that everyone knows me at the dealers including all the mechanic's ‍♂️♂️ in fact they ask me for info.. just when i think I'm happy i see something else i like & then, well it has to get done one way or another..
So imho i think you should carry on as you are & enjoy.

You're not the only one Roger, I'm guilty of wanting things perfect too on my pride and joy, as are other members *cough* @merc85 *cough* :D

The only way not to slide down the slope too fast is to prioritise 'need' before 'want'
Dont know what your referring to mate :D

21032842_10155231082667284_6192482456895756906_n.jpg

Leasing the Cupra has put a complete stop to this sort of thing. Not "my" car, so I'm not spending any more on it than is reasonably necessary.

This new found lack of effort on the daily has freed up things somewhat for the SL though :doh:

I have had my W212 for exactly 42 days.......

Am I alone in this madness?

No, there are quite a few around here who are also mad. ;)

Did you spend like a lottery winner when you got another car?

Absolutely not, who needs "another car" as an excuse.

It's frightening what I've spent on mods over the years, a small fortune, but you know what, wouldn't have it any other way, and don't regret any of it, and I can't see it stopping any time soon. :):D

Just spent £100 in Clean and Shiny (Aldershot) on buckets, mf cloths, iron remover, bsd, interior detailing spray, gloves and probably some other bits I can’t remember :)
That’s only to keep the beast clean!!
Luckily I have foam, lance, shampoo etc already else I’d have been another ton down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a brandophile but spending on cars and associated items has just reached a new level of sadness..................."genuine leather" MB phone case.

Worry not, the ridicule from my family has started. The last time it was this bad is when they noticed MB logo'd valve caps.

We only have ourselves to blame.

I think all car people are guilty of it.

I was lucky with my CSL63, it was like new and I’ve not had to buy anything for it to tidy it up. Just servicing** but my E320 is a different thing.

Bought with 102k on it so it had been well used but was tidy. It’s meant to be my sensible daily car but new wheels, private plate and a host of other bits later I’m still going. That’s on top of the cleaning gear I buy. It wouldn’t be so daft if the E Class wasn’t my fourth car though.

** Actually I do pay for my CLS to be stored in a heated lock up though. I forgot that bit! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom