Getting out of hand.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am I alone in this madness?
Did you spend like a lottery winner when you got another car?
Well from the above you're certainly not alone. It's the same reason we spend our time reading the forums to see what people are tinkering with. Others head straight to the pub after work (not saying I don't do that sometimes too) but it seems our thing to keep us happy and to focus on in our spare time is the appreciation of a great car. The hobby may be expensive at times, but the smile when you come out of the house to get in it surely has to be worth it.

Mechanophilia (or mechaphilia) is a paraphilia involving a sexual attraction to machines such as bicycles, motor vehicles, helicopters, ships, and aeroplanes.;)

Well, looking at it from a slightly different perspective...you are spending your money on what you want and enjoy, instead of "wasting" it on ( fill in the rest yourselves ) Plus, it's a well known scientific fact,,,you can't take it with you. :cool::D:D:D

Well, looking at it from a slightly different perspective...you are spending your money on what you want and enjoy, instead of "wasting" it on ( fill in the rest yourselves ) Plus, it's a well known scientific fact,,,you can't take it with you. :cool::D:D:D

+1 :D Enjoy :cool:

Cars are not my whole life, but have been a big part of it. My spending is consistent with this........

a Quaife LSD at £1550 fitted.

One of the best Mods you can have :D

Since I have had the CL ( Oct 2016 )

First. Ceramic coating ( Ed @ Divine Detailing )
Then Acid @ MSL
Then Quaife @ Birds
Spare Front & Rear 20" AMG 1V Wheels just in case

To be done : Alcantara Headlining + Apple Car Play + Front Bumper & Bonnet to be resprayed. Stone chips. That's it :rolleyes::wallbash:

Last edited:
Deleted centre resonator yet? Possibly the most import mod you can do.

Burbles and pops on the over run. Mine sounds appallingly good since it was done

Last edited:
I have even raided the kids Christmas funds this year for Operation Phat Ass. :)

It's ok, there's always another Christmas next year :D

I spent far too much buying my C350 CGI new to lavish any more than necessary expense on it, the depreciation alone has been more than enough. I manage to throw away money on other things too, like the £30k I recently splashed out on a new kitchen and then just yesterday treating myself to business class flights to Australia for a short trip in January. It’s a struggle being a pensioner.

.....and then just yesterday treating myself to business class flights to Australia for a short trip in January. It’s a struggle being a pensioner.

Don’t forget these...
269C3927-F2C5-4C6E-AE80-31E070A2D986.jpeg
Best investment you will ever make on a long haul flight.

I spent far too much buying my C350 CGI new to lavish any more than necessary expense on it, the depreciation alone has been more than enough. I manage to throw away money on other things too, like the £30k I recently splashed out on a new kitchen and then just yesterday treating myself to business class flights to Australia for a short trip in January. It’s a struggle being a pensioner.

Why am I reminded of this sketch?:D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom