Getting ready for the GTG!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
1. Paint warranty claim. Tick
2. New MOT. Tick
3. New Windscreen. Tick
4. Kerb rash repair.TBA
5. Stone chips. Made a start!
6. Complete detail. To be started! It's going to be a busy week

It sounds like there should be a cleanest car competition for some of the attendees.

(I have neither the skill or the patience)

There is.

how about an award for the dirtiest Merc :)

If it is concourse then I haven't a hope as my car does 17000 miles a year and has stone chips etc. If its on shiniest then it has a chance but I suspect a 3 hour drive there will ruin it anyway, so I won't go too OCD. Edit PS. and not a hope if Detailed brings a car!

I'm probably in the running for scruffiest split rims. Painted dishes are definitely a :fail

Interior done, air vents brushed out, trim gaps brushed out etc. Under the bonnet is just about there, wheels done but will be ruined by braking on the way to GTG (unless I don't brake the whole way?!). Bodywork washed and dried and glass polished. So I have exhaust trims, chrome and paintwork left to do....

If it is concourse then I haven't a hope as my car does 17000 miles a year and has stone chips etc. If its on shiniest then it has a chance but I suspect a 3 hour drive there will ruin it anyway, so I won't go too OCD. Edit PS. and not a hope if Detailed brings a car!

Haha, when is this meet? I'll come down in my van that hasn't been cleaned for just shy of 6 months now :)

Haha, when is this meet? I'll come down in my van that hasn't been cleaned for just shy of 6 months now :)

We are all meeting at PCS on Saturday morning. It would be great if you could come along :)

Coul someone please take lots of pictures, especially of the older models (personal request of Daves) for those who work 7 days and dont have a social life.

We are all meeting at PCS on Saturday morning. It would be great if you could come along :)[/QUOTE

No problem.

If it is in an official capacity I need to allow for this.

Ah can not make this Saturday, to much work:( if it was next Saturday this would of worked before heading off for Monaco for the formula 1 :)

Wont wash mine as the experts will scrutinizing, blame the hose pipe ban.... and dementure as the ban was last year

1. Paint warranty claim. Tick
2. New MOT. Tick
3. New Windscreen. Tick
4. Kerb rash repair.Tick
5. Stone chips. tickish!
6. Complete detail.

My friendly wheel chap Robert getting rid of a kerb rash for me! Nearly ready. Extra Gloss protection next :)
20140516_120746_zpsd9ea18b4.jpg

Last edited:
Blimey I was only going to give mine a quick rinse.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom