Getting song titles/info on DAB on W212 COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeddyRuxpin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2x E350 CDI Sport W212s... for a bit
Hi,

Recently added DAB to my W212. It was an original DAB module and a harness purchased from a fellow forum member.

I then added a cheap Fakra aerial - a single one (not using both ports), stuck to the windscreen. It works OK - the signal is spotty in places, but I'll see how I get on for a while.

Anyway, does anyone know how to get song titles/radio info? Is it even possible? The 'info' tab (that does the same thing with FM) doesn't show any data.

I was wondering if adding the second aerial would give any benefit for this?

And just to derail my own thread - can anyone recommend a better aerial - perhaps one that isn't visible on the wind screen?

Cheers!

Ed

Bump - anyone able to shed any light, and/or also let me know if there's a better aerial that would help with the song info OR just better reception, as mine seems to have a different signal strength each day.

2nd aerial wont help. Better main aerial will help a lot. You need an aerial that works at 7.5V - most dont, they want 12V

R

Arent song titles etc down to whether they are broadcast?

2nd aerial wont help. Better main aerial will help a lot. You need an aerial that works at 7.5V - most dont, they want 12V

R

Thanks! Don't suppose you can recommend one? Are there aerials that use both the connectors?

Arent song titles etc down to whether they are broadcast?

That seems to be the case for FM, but doesn't seem to be on any of the DAB channels I've tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom