Getting used to powerful cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter DLM

MB Enthusiast
Car
19 reg CLS 350d, 67 reg AMG GT R Caterham Levante
So I recently acquired an E92 M3 to accompany my Caterham on the track and I've been driving it around for a few days, I hadn't used my E63 for a couple of weeks, but jumping back into it today made me realise just how brutally powerful it is and how easy it just hurls itself at the horizon. :eek:

M3 needs winding up a lot to go fast(ish), whereas the 63 doesn't care what revs, 1500 is enough to pin you back in the seat in any gear. :rock:

I don't think I can go back to a non-boosted V8 for my road car anymore. :(

Hah! my E63 was off the road for a week, and in the meantime I was driving my Wife's mk1. 1.5 Focus. I genuinely thought the focus must be broken in some way, so pathetic was it's acceleration. Of course, getting back into the E63 was an experience!

I agree Pete, forced induction is superior to N/A, superchargers being my personal favourite (although I know the twin-turbos are very similar in delivery nowadays)

I drive my works mondeo 1.6 diesel pool car quite often and bike to work most days.

Means the c32 always feels fast when I get back in it. An E63 must be savage

I drive my works mondeo 1.6 diesel pool car quite often and bike to work most days.

Means the c32 always feels fast when I get back in it. An E63 must be savage

The C32 is properly fast, and I recall yours has been breathed upon. It would give the 63s a run for the money, albeit the response is less "immediate" than some of the newer cars which are designed to be more responsive.

MY ML63 is naturally aspirated and its savage, the power is mega, we have 2 x SLK 350's and there quick until you get in the ML and give it the beens!

MY ML63 is naturally aspirated and its savage, the power is mega, we have 2 x SLK 350's and there quick until you get in the ML and give it the beens!

It's strange that the M156 works so well in the W164 ML63, because in this application it's about as far as you can get from the original brief (think SLS) but it works really well, a great match :thumb:

My mapped 996turbo with 500odd bhp used up feel painfully slow when I'd been driving my GT-R stage 4.25 around for a while , lol

My mapped 996turbo with 500odd bhp used up feel painfully slow when I'd been driving my GT-R stage 4.25 around for a while , lol

Everything feels slow after gtr life lol I'm looking forward to getting my biturbo mapped though I got a feeling I'm still going to be suprisingly impressed after the gtr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom