Gettng Annoyed Now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

@MARK

Car
Audi A7 Quattro
So my C350 is now 2 weeks old and has 1111 miles on the clock.

It spent it's first Friday in the dealer because the camshaft sensor failed.

Whilst they had it I asked them to update the maps on the satnav to the latest version but they ran out of time so we agreed that this Friday they would collect the car and get the maps updated (which to be fair do take a few hours).

So whilst they had it yesterday I also asked them to address the rest of my "snagging list" which included the headlamps pointing way too high and a really annoying rattle coming from somewhere behind the dash.

The car came back last night and the mechanic who dropped it off told me proudly that he had actually found several rattles but had sorted them all :doh:

Note that the BMW I have just come out of was 4 years old, had 80,000 miles on the clock and did not have any rattles.

So sure enough the rattles appear to have gone however I am now somewhat annoyed by the state the car has been delivered back to me.

Apparently it was cleaned before being returned to me. I am just not sure with what as the mirrors look like they have been wiped over with an old rag.

But the best bit is that the dash board now appears to be leaking oil :eek:

Yes the dashboard.

From a spot behind the wood trim about the glovebox, there is a drop of what looks like oil that has worked it's way down the trim leaving a lovely snail trail downwards.

Then from a number of spots at the top of the sat nav screen I have got a number of drips that I can wipe away but when I miss them, they have dripped right down the screen leaving snail trails and removing the anti glare coating in the process.

Trying to wipe them has just made matters worse.

Now my guess is that they have used oil (or perhaps something like WD40) on the squeaks and rattles and got a bit carried away before failing to clean up any surplus but now we are looking at a serious cleaning job and a new sat nav screen if the anti glare coating has indeed been ruined.

Having just spent £40,000 on a car, am I asking too much?

Is this the sign of things to come?

Was the move from BMW a mistake?

I would be back as soon as you can and aksing for a C350 loan car or better while they sort yours and also offer some compensation in the form of a free service etc..

I'm always amazed when our cars go in that even though they use seat covers etc they (mechanics) always end up putting oily marks on somewhere in the cabin, door handle etc. Being grey leather and quite light it shows up...

Its so easy to sort at the time they do it but leaving it is just lazy and leaves you thinking they are sloppy.

I'll settle for a handshake, if it's all the same.
crying-man.jpg

:D:D:D

Write (post or email) to your dealer. CC the dealer principle, salesman who dealt with you and the service manager, ring and find their email addresses. Give them 14 days to solve the problems or you will contemplate rejecting the car.

I've had to do it more than once...

Write (post or email) to your dealer. CC the dealer principle, salesman who dealt with you and the service manager, ring and find their email addresses. Give them 14 days to solve the problems or you will contemplate rejecting the car.

I've had to do it more than once...

I have no doubt that when I call them on Monday morning they will be helpful and jump to getting it sorted. I do not anticipate having any arguments there.

My issue is that so far over 10% of the cars total mileage is from running backwards and forwards to the dealer to get things sorted and that this will now be the third visit to the dealer in as many weeks.

As I said, I am getting annoyed now so unfortunately I might not be as understanding and easy going when I call them up on Monday as I have been to date. On top of that, my faith in the product is being tested right at the very start of the relationship. Not a good thing to do.

I'm guessing you're dealing with the same guys as me... you will need to make your feelings known in writing otherwise they're a little less caring...

Usefully for me the service manager lives two doors away.

So my C350 is now 2 weeks old and has 1111 miles on the clock.

It spent it's first Friday in the dealer because the camshaft sensor failed.

Whilst they had it I asked them to update the maps on the satnav to the latest version but they ran out of time so we agreed that this Friday they would collect the car and get the maps updated (which to be fair do take a few hours).

So whilst they had it yesterday I also asked them to address the rest of my "snagging list" which included the headlamps pointing way too high and a really annoying rattle coming from somewhere behind the dash.

The car came back last night and the mechanic who dropped it off told me proudly that he had actually found several rattles but had sorted them all :doh:

Note that the BMW I have just come out of was 4 years old, had 80,000 miles on the clock and did not have any rattles.

So sure enough the rattles appear to have gone however I am now somewhat annoyed by the state the car has been delivered back to me.

Apparently it was cleaned before being returned to me. I am just not sure with what as the mirrors look like they have been wiped over with an old rag.

But the best bit is that the dash board now appears to be leaking oil :eek:

Yes the dashboard.

From a spot behind the wood trim about the glovebox, there is a drop of what looks like oil that has worked it's way down the trim leaving a lovely snail trail downwards.

Then from a number of spots at the top of the sat nav screen I have got a number of drips that I can wipe away but when I miss them, they have dripped right down the screen leaving snail trails and removing the anti glare coating in the process.

Trying to wipe them has just made matters worse.

Now my guess is that they have used oil (or perhaps something like WD40) on the squeaks and rattles and got a bit carried away before failing to clean up any surplus but now we are looking at a serious cleaning job and a new sat nav screen if the anti glare coating has indeed been ruined.

Having just spent £40,000 on a car, am I asking too much?

Is this the sign of things to come?

Was the move from BMW a mistake?

Annoying as it is not uncommon for new cars to have niggling faults.The only upside when they appear early in your ownership is that they will be covered under manufacturers warranty which is why you should get them sorted to your satisfaction asap-there is however no excuse for having your car returned in a lesser condition than when it was left with the dealer,i'm sure a phone call to the service manager will have that issue sorted in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom