Gettng Annoyed Now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive bought a car some 60miles from me, so will have to make use of local dealership on any warranty work.

I know they have to do this work, but have any of you found getting such work done at a dealer that you didnt buy the car from less accommodating ? Ie are they awkward about it?

Reason I bought elsewhere was that I got a broker's price then emailed 4 dealers or so to see if they could beat it. 3 never replied (inc this local one to me [which I add I bought a car from 2 yrs ago, with a bad experience!]). So I went with number 4 who was £100 cheaper than broker, but is now on point of collection being a real pain, even moaning about £50 worth of fuel he has to put in it. See my other thread !

I know they have to do this work, but have any of you found getting such work done at a dealer that you didnt buy the car from less accommodating ? Ie are they awkward about it?
Yes. When I worked at a Ford dealership, even though by law we had to carry out warranty work on any Ford car bought anywhere in Europe, the policy at my dealership was to place anyone who bought elsewhere at the VERY back of a very long queue of cars awaiting work. This tactic worked and we very rarely did warranty work on any cars not bought from us!

On the contrast I don't think I have ever bought a car from a local dealer and have never had problems with warrenty work.

Loan cars aren't alway the best though....

Judging by your fuel economy that has to be a yes..it's still shockingly poor.

Its probably getting canned by the MB techies when its in :rolleyes:

Seriously, they've ruined your sat nav anti glare screen, I'd be pushing for a new COMAND and for the cars dash to be stripped and then re-assembled and fixed.

Or just another car new car. They'll flog yours on. I'll know to avoid a C350 first regisitered in Lincoln.

Its probably getting canned by the MB techies when its in :rolleyes:

That must be doing it some good, it's better than the last tank...Just.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom