GFP (German Flower Pot) spotted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Out tonight on a pub crawl I happened to spot a familar W124 over the road from my work :D

First time I have spotted a fellow forum members car unplanned :bannana:

Great looking car in the flesh, but im not a fan of the wheels though :crazy: - each to their own and all that :D

Had you gone to see Jimmy Carr?

gfp1.jpg

gfp2.jpg

gfp3.jpg

gfp4.jpg

Difficult to explain to the girl I was with why I was taking pictures of a random car with "yuk wheels" <--- Her words :D

Last edited:
He never did answer your question "what does GFP stand for or what is a German flower pot" did he?

Last edited:
He never did answer your question "what does GFP stand for or what is a German flower pot" did he?

GFP said:
back in 2004 when i got GFP 1 most of my mates had scoobies, imprezas, rs turbos & 2 cossie saphires

one day were all having a natter and i declare that my merc is better than all of theirs put together

so one bright spark says the best thing to do to my car is weld the doors shut, remove the sunroof, fill it full of mud then plant flowers in the sunroof hole and viola (i know) a GERMAN FLOWER POT

the other subsequent idea was a GERMAN FISH TANK but that was a bad idea

previously my user names were doc aardvard

are you any less mystified?

I see that I have been thanked by the invisible man again in my orignal post... ;)

Last edited:
I see that I have been thanked by the invisible man again in my orignal post... ;)

Yeah! :)

THIS thread explains the reasons.. :crazy:

Bobby Dazzler & Co were calling me the biggest "Thanker" on the forum in the pub last night so I'm trying to do less "thanking". :eek:

All is now clear about the GFP explanation, although I must say I'm a little disappointed by the outcome.. :D

He's also not been on the forum for a while....natural churn, in marketing speak?

He's ashamed of being photographed parked on double yellow lines....

You sure can, up to 3-hours :)

Where a loading restriction exists, is where the badge is not valid

Actually depends on the Local authority.

In Westminster for example a blue badge is on the whole useless. The single biggest advantage being they can't clamp or tow...but you still get the fine.

I think you can stay on a meter for two hours longer but that's about it.

Local rules apply and differ from borough to borough, and you're menat to know all them, ignorance is no excuse.

(Mrs M has a blue badge).

I didnt know that.. im sure my aunty got fined for parking on doubles once... she contested but was told that disabled pass only allows you to park in disabled bays.

On that particual side of the road they allow Blue badge holders to park, the other side they will not...

Difficult to explain to the girl I was with why I was taking pictures of a random car with "yuk wheels" <--- Her words :D

That's the funniest bit - did you just say I know they guy who owns it, or tell her that it belongs to someone you sort of know from the Merc forum :eek:

Slightly OT but I am sure I saw the members DW 27576 car in Clydebank yesterday AM on way to work . Was turning into the business park (turned right as he was oncoming towards me) and the cars regi plate and mods rang a bell. Seen the car @ GTG 2 weeks back.

ok yes i see now

ive not been on the site for a while as there is 1 rule for most and another rule for others like me

anyway i got an email saying my pm box was nearly full so i thought i come see why

yes thats my car

i was indeed seeing jimmy car (quiet good if not too obsessed with weird sexuall acts & rape)

and yes i had my blue badge up so i did not get a ticket and in every area of the uk its 3 hours on double yellow lines except the london boroughs as they make their own rules

that sticker is from a friends old site and it needs removing (i dont like to have any on my car)

i was there wed too to see Rob Brydon who was fantastic

the car was filthy as its not been cleaned in a year, yes a whole year since the last vallet, disgusting

also im fine with pics of my car being on here before anyone starts going on about privacy, anyone can take pics of my cars and post them for future reference

ill stay logged in for a few days or so i can reply to any posts out of politeness but i dont post here any more as i am/have been a mod of 4 sites in recent years and dont appreciate the way that some people use their powers on here, not chucking my toys out of the pram though as if i wanted to do that id have done one of the old "thats it im leaving" topics a few months back, i just left quietly, shame as its a very good site

thanks, this is the only site i used to use where it felt like a gentleman's club where we all sit around in plush leather armchairs and talk cars and sip vintage wines (although i dont drink) which is a rare thing on the net

plus the advice for my seemingly never ending car problems was always spot on

i was indeed seeing jimmy car (quiet good if not too obsessed with weird sexuall acts & rape)

I agree. He's a very funny guy, but does need to find new material other than sex.

thanks, this is the only site i used to use where it felt like a gentleman's club where we all sit around in plush leather armchairs and talk cars and sip vintage wines (although i dont drink) which is a rare thing on the net

plus the advice for my seemingly never ending car problems was always spot on

In which case have a cigar and stay longer :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom