GGRRRRRRR... INjector copper washer stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nthkentman

Car
E270 & W203 C220 (Hers)
45 mins to get the injector out of No1 hole and the darn copper washer will NOT budge..... Still stuck at the bottom.... Anyone any tips for getting the darn thing out please?
I have a reseat tool and new (Honda Civic) copper washers ready to fit.....

Not a problem i have faced, however, have you tried compressed air, if you have a compressor that is.

45 mins to get the injector out of No1 hole and the darn copper washer will NOT budge..... Still stuck at the bottom.... Anyone any tips for getting the darn thing out please?
I have a reseat tool and new (Honda Civic) copper washers ready to fit.....
doesnt anybody watch youtube? mercedessource

/\ Pretty much as this video, turning the screwdriver usually grips on the washer, its never failed for me so far!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I got the injector out.... warmth and WD40, and cleaned up nicely... It's the darn washer that's eluding escaping easily...... Today I'm trying the screwdriver trick and see if I can succeed.... I find it usually better to ask those that have experienced the problem first hand than dive in and create havoc....

Success !.... With the washer.... BUT.....The nice clean cloth I had all teh top of the injector parts laid out on.....decided to flap over in the breeze and now all the inside of the top of the injector parts aren't in the correct order i I put them in as I disassembled :-( Has anyone a link to a diagram as to what parts go where under the top ?... E270, 211 model, Bosch injector (Google search has eluded me for a pic)

Could you remove another injector and take it apart so you know which order to put them both back together?

Could you remove another injector and take it apart so you know which order to put them both back together?
Plan for tomorrow... Didn't want to disturb any more.....but it'll be the only way probably. Should have taken pics I suppose.

You sound worried and a little embarrassed ****** no need ! half the reason we all joined was for this kind of help.

hi ya nthkentman, how you doing.?
just read down your post's, about the removal of the copper seal, we used a copper seal remover it's like a rwall plug, a long bar, on the top of it a dial you turn, & on the bottom is a claw thing & you put the claw thing into the hole & you turn the dial & it forces out the copper seal, without any damage to the car. i tried to find a picture of 1 quickly but cant see 1, if i come across 1 il re-post.
but the injector issue...have you a scrap yard around were you could get a scrap 1 from or any the guys on here got a scrap 1 for you instead of removing another & possibilty of damaging more.
idea.
thanks mate.

me again, not sure if you have strip down the injector mate, but was looking over the net, (im not the best person with cars, some of my things i asked help for are abit strange, but...) i seen this its for bocsh common rail injector repair, you can see its contents but you have to sign upto it & read for a 30 day free trail. if its free trail & thats all the info you need then sweet. hope this helps. talk to later mate.
222024224-Bosch-CRI-Repair-Instructions-Maktest-pdf (1).pdf | Fuel Injection | Valve

me again, not sure if you have strip down the injector mate, but was looking over the net, (im not the best person with cars, some of my things i asked help for are abit strange, but...) i seen this its for bocsh common rail injector repair, you can see its contents but you have to sign upto it & read for a 30 day free trail. if its free trail & thats all the info you need then sweet. hope this helps. talk to later mate.
222024224-Bosch-CRI-Repair-Instructions-Maktest-pdf (1).pdf | Fuel Injection | Valve
Hmmm... I'll have a read..... Currently, all the parts within the top are in the correct order, and assembled easily with no issues.
But........ Car won't start, turns over for the usual timed start sequence, and sounds as if it's trying to start, then as expected stops at the end of the start sequence timed run.
Sounds almost as if the crank sensor isn't correct, or not getting fuel delivered, but after cracking each injector in turn and bleeding through no change.
I'll charge battery, re bleed after adding more fuel (Just in case the gauge isn't reading correctly) and have a go at it tomorrow....Perhaps disturbing the injector top has changed something I cannot see and now I need to replace the injector itself.
Ho Hum.... tomorrow is another day....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom