GGRRRRRRR... INjector copper washer stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Success !.... With the washer.... BUT.....The nice clean cloth I had all teh top of the injector parts laid out on.....decided to flap over in the breeze and now all the inside of the top of the injector parts aren't in the correct order i I put them in as I disassembled :-( Has anyone a link to a diagram as to what parts go where under the top ?... E270, 211 model, Bosch injector (Google search has eluded me for a pic)
I get days like this where nothing goes right.

how you doing nthkentman , sounds like your having fun... not.
could do a leak off test.
they should all be the same, if 1 or any of them are different then that injector/s needs looking at / replacing.
i have my own car diagnostic unit, autel maxidiag md805, its fairly decent. so this would be my next go.
then a leak off test,
hope it works out all good for you.
laters mate

They can be hard to start if you've not had much experience with them. Connect a second battery if possible or jump leads and keep turning until it fires, don't let me the key automatically turn off. It needs to be turning over as fast as possible. Its relying on the lift pump at the front to pull the fuel up, if it switches off early the fuel will just return to the tank.

Further issues starting now...... After much cleaning of crud (Black death stylee) from Injector 1 area, I *may* have accidentally lost the tiny ball in the top of the injector under the removable head section. SO.... Replaced the injector as a precaution... and now the bugger won't start.
Turns over, and almost fires, but seems like it's misfiring... I'm assuming air in system, but after many tries, and a flat battery there's no improvement even after bleeding off at each of the 5 injector nuts. At least a gallon and a half od diesel in the tank, so has anyone any hints what I'm missing etc ?

They can be hard to start if you've not had much experience with them. Connect a second battery if possible or jump leads and keep turning until it fires, don't let me the key automatically turn off. It needs to be turning over as fast as possible. Its relying on the lift pump at the front to pull the fuel up, if it switches off early the fuel will just return to the tank.

In that you mean hold the key in the start position instead of hold and let go ?

Not sure what you mean by bleeding off, are you not letting air back in?

Yes keep in the start position, don't let go. The engine needs to be turning as fast as possible, it's own battery is probably not good enough alone if it's going to be hard started.

Not sure what you mean by bleeding off, are you not letting air back in?

Yes keep in the start position, don't let go. The engine needs to be turning as fast as possible, it's own battery is probably not good enough alone if it's going to be hard started.
Yup... Tried that today... Bled all 5 injectors at their heads.... Fully charged battery... Added jump leads from her car too.... Spins over very well....Don't start !.
Buggered if I can see why it's not starting.... I only changed 1 injector and copper seal ffs !... May have to get the codes read... More bloody expense I can't afford. No one near me in North Devon who can read them tho.

Diagnostics..... Had a man out to the E270 today to read the codes. Appears that the only code in the system is one for the 5th cylinder glow plug isn't playing the game.
BUT.... On further investigation, there is no signal at any of the injector heads, but there is signal at the cam and crank sensors. Therefore the bugger still won't start as the injectors aren't getting a signal to fire.... This one has me really stumped.

how you doin nthkentman,
i just came on to the mbclub to ask a question on a topic i asked a while ago & seen your topic in my inbox,
but on your thing, my dad had the 2003 e320 cdi rocket of a machine, few yr ago, which had an injector issue, when he (& i helped) did his, he got information from some were (dont no were now) saying that the injectors may be coded.
think he said if the injector with a 4 on them dont need coding.
but on a simple take out & replace in same port then i dout they'd need coding, only if you replace or change the port hole. but again im not sure, some 1 on here might be able say for sure.
not sure if this helps your situation tho.

the e320 car above was not coded.

talk to you later.

how you doin nthkentman,
i just came on to the mbclub to ask a question on a topic i asked a while ago & seen your topic in my inbox,
but on your thing, my dad had the 2003 e320 cdi rocket of a machine, few yr ago, which had an injector issue, when he (& i helped) did his, he got information from some were (dont no were now) saying that the injectors may be coded.
think he said if the injector with a 4 on them dont need coding.
but on a simple take out & replace in same port then i dout they'd need coding, only if you replace or change the port hole. but again im not sure, some 1 on here might be able say for sure.
not sure if this helps your situation tho.

the e320 car above was not coded.

talk to you later.
These have a 4 in a circle.. so perhaps they don't need coding

This from experience. I had the same problem, every body knew the answer, so after being ripped off nicely, this was the cause as I was told, number one injector controls the starting, and so it proved to be, replaced that, the car has never given any problems since, not saying it is the answer, but as stated number one injector has been tinkered with, may suggest that's were to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom