Ghost Courtesy Door Lights - Your Take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a Neff dishwasher that does the same thing,shines the programme and time left on the kitchen tiles.

Thanks to those helpful ones.

For the rest, I thought it was meant to be the Jag owners that were the pompous, self-righteous snobs :p

Ive fitted them and only ever had positive comments. You only see them when entering \ leaving the car and only when its dark \ dim.

Some strong opinions been aired, perhaps this will lighten the mood:

27348116463_babded55e2_o.jpg

Makes me smile, when I see it, and that's all that matters :bannana:

Noooooooooo. Belongs with Saxo's, Corsa's, 3 spoke alloys and some BMW's :D

and don't to forget to wear your AMG baseball cap backwards :thumb::thumb:

All jokes aside, there are people who are very enthusiastic about the marque and want to buy all the merchandise. - OK it's easy to go overboard when you're proud of your car, but it's not as bad as Subaru owners!

Clearly these door pool lights are a bit of a Marmite thing.

Thanks for all the info about them. Interesting to have the option at least.

I think some of the older members may go for the the look my grandad had instead:

41xXmoOOVsL._SY355_.jpg

all banter is good banter :p

I'm 28 by the way. :dk: Maybe it should be more like 88... I have been called a grumpy old *** once or twice. :thumb:

Last edited:
You don't, some women (or men) might prefer to see a scrotum au naturel. However I've got a friend who's active on Tinder, and he does say that a bit of manscaping is expected these days.

Yeah right. Your mate 'Dave' is it? ;)

:D

Thanks to those helpful ones.

For the rest, I thought it was meant to be the Jag owners that were the pompous, self-righteous snobs :p

Speaking as a Jaguar owner, I think you're dead right. They're a bit poncey.

Last edited:
Had these on my ffrr and on a Range Rover they look right as it comes from factory. I'm unsure about other marques doing it without looking tacky.

Don't kid yourself, Charlie; they look tacky on anything, OEM or not. That said, tacky seems to be what the market demands these days, not understated, tasteful elegance. Of course, I'm a pompous, self-righteous Jaguar owner with an understated, tasteful, elegant car, so I would say that, wouldn't I?

O tempus! O mores...

Last edited:
FWIW, the Mercedes OE light looks (in my opinion) hideous, compared to my aftermarket one above (and mine cost less than 10% of this):

s-l500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom