Ghosts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
I have been watching ghost vids on YouTube and find them fascinating. I know some are fake but they are intriguing me.

I have experienced paranormal stuff in my own house that's is very old and working on my own in the early hours in the workshop. I never seem to get scared much. In fact the stuff that goes on in my house makes me feel very comfortable.

Anyone else seen or experienced anything? :D

I arrived at work many years ago and was talking to a work colleague at our workshop doors and we noticed a smartly dressed motor trader we had both known for years walk past without looking at us. We joked that being smartly dressed he was probably going to court, later that day we were told he died in his sleep the night before!!

I could have mistaken him, but not both of us?

I haven't, but then again I have never slept at your house....:)

Last edited:
I arrived at work many years ago and was talking to a work colleague at our workshop doors and we noticed a smartly dressed motor trader we had both known for years walk past without looking at us. We joked that being smartly dressed he was probably going to court, later that day we were told he died in his sleep the night before!!

If both of you saw it then it happened.

Back in 2004, me and Mrs JB were out shopping at Tesco in Amersham.

At that time, we used to go early evening on a Monday night as it was quiet.

During one particular trip in December, I started to feel really sick - almost to the point where I was going to be but just managed to hold on until it passed. My other half said the same thing, which I thought was odd, and she then went off to be sick.

Thought nothing more of it and we were able to eat when we got in as per normal.

We later found out my grandad, who I was very close to, passed away that evening.

Could be completely unrelated but part of me finds it a bit strange...

I've not experienced the paranormal as such, and whilst I don't believe in it, I don't disbelieve either and am happy to keep an open mind.

My wife was with her aunt the night the aunt died.

I woke up and reached for the light switch...and thought, that light's going to blow. It did...and I have never reached for the other light switch as quickly in my life.

Then my wife rang to tell me her aunt had just died...the aunt never liked me!!!

My sister in law, a very sensible woman, not given to fantasy or any type of needless story telling, very calmly explained that she very often sees a little boy standing in the door as she does her ironing. He has a gas mask box around his neck.

This is in the house where I grew up. She has no fear of these incidents, but does accept that they happen, and can only be explained as a ghost. It would freak me out.

So when did his clothes die?

Same goes for the gas mask box above.

I have lived in two houses that were reputedly haunted, something I was unaware of at the time. The first was incident free, the second gave me repeated sensations of unwelcome presences, and one room was so marked, neither of our placid retrievers would willingly enter, and if they did, they would manifest noticeable fear. We made it the guest room, alas it never deterred the unwelcome guests..

A friend studied at a seminary in Rome, which had an inner library on the site of a pagan temple where child sacrifice had certainly taken place. Despite repeated exorcisms it was terrifying at night, even those highly sceptical reported being choked or physically handled to the point of flight.

I don't like it, would prefer to believe it didn't exist, so steer well clear of the supernatural.

My sister in law, a very sensible woman, not given to fantasy or any type of needless story telling, very calmly explained that she very often sees a little boy standing in the door as she does her ironing. He has a gas mask box around his neck.

Have you ever asked for further information on this? For isntance, has she ever tried to converse with the boy? Does she feel he is aware of or acknowledges her presence? Has she ever tried to approach him, if so, how does he respond? Does he disappear?

I ask because it must be rare to have a level-headed person to explore this with. One of my aunts (who was nutty as a fruitcake and used to have all manner of eccentric habits) was convinced right up to her own death that her late husband used to take up position in his favourite armchair each night, read the paper, and then vanish. Even when there was someone else with her, she would still swear blind that he was there in the chair, which was plainly empty. So either only she could see him, or he was simply a figment of her imagination.

Have you ever asked for further information on this? For isntance, has she ever tried to converse with the boy? Does she feel he is aware of or acknowledges her presence? Has she ever tried to approach him, if so, how does he respond? Does he disappear?

I ask because it must be rare to have a level-headed person to explore this with. One of my aunts (who was nutty as a fruitcake and used to have all manner of eccentric habits) was convinced right up to her own death that her late husband used to take up position in his favourite armchair each night, read the paper, and then vanish. Even when there was someone else with her, she would still swear blind that he was there in the chair, which was plainly empty. So either only she could see him, or he was simply a figment of her imagination.

It was just after Christmas she told this...haven't seen her since. But, yes I have questions along the lines you are thinking. The fact she is completely unfazed is what gets me. They do say that if the "ghost" is not malicious, then there would be no fear.

How come noone has ever seen an Dinosaur ghost? 100s of millions died in an instance :D

Last edited:
It was just after Christmas she told this...haven't seen her since. But, yes I have questions along the lines you are thinking. The fact she is completely unfazed is what gets me. They do say that if the "ghost" is not malicious, then there would be no fear.

My aunt was never afraid of her 'ghost'. Quite the reverse: I think she found it to be a great comfort. Or to put it another way, she couldn't come to terms with the fact that she'd lost her husband, so she believed he was still with her. She would never talk to 'him' ("I won't disturb him while he's reading his paper.") and when he'd finished and disappeared, she'd just sigh and say he'd be back tomorrow. And so it went on.

Declared so many 'dead'....no one has come back to surprise me yet!

I believe that 'ghosts' and other 'unworldly' things don't exist.

The complexities and power of our brain are pretty much unknown and they can make you genuinely believe anything, LSD can be the key to unlock the door of that sub conscience when used, for example.

I've never considered myself to be all that spiritual, but I always used to sense a presence in a flat I lived in in my twenties. I bought it newly refurbished, chain-free, so assume it was following the death of the previous resident.

It was the first place I'd ever lived on my own, so that might explain the heightened awareness of everything, but I'd often wake up convinced there was someone lying in the bed next to me. (Insert gag here about we've all been there...) It was never scary, and I always got the feeling I was being 'sussed out' by the last person who'd lived there.

One night I woke to see a hand appear on the side of chimney breast. It stayed there for a good few seconds before slowly curving away and I never felt the presence in the bedroom again.

Saying that, I just got goosebumps writing all that out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom