Ghosts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
addams.jpg

Edit.

Last edited:
I certainly think there is something to it all. Had a number of experiences myself but the one we tested was through work. A bingo hall we worked with said staff had often seen or felt prsences in the place.

We took a psychic chap out there. didn't tell him where he was going or let him speak to anyone.

He walked round the room saying what else he could see. The first thing was a small dog with part of it's tail missing. Running about quite happy. The next was a soldier type, big overcoat on who walked from one end of the hall to the other and then out the door.

anyway, at the end a journalist we'd brought along interviewed the staff seperately. The cleaner nearly had a fit when she described a military chap that she'd seen one morning. Told him he'd need to wait as they weren't open and only had chance to see him walk away. It was exactly as described.

Also turned out, amongst a few other things he mentioned that the manager's grandad had once own the place when it was a cinema. He has a small terrier dog which had it's tail trapped in a door one day and had to have a bit amputated.

It was far too accurate to be guesswork and there was no-way he could have known what he was going to see or spoken to the staff.

m.

My Dad is very cynical about this sort of thing. A very straight talking, no-nonsense man. Years ago, his father died and he couldn't overcome his grief for a long time, shutting out his family. They arranged for him to see a medium, to which he refused, but they insisted and he begrudgingly agreed.

The medium said 'I have a man here who's asking his son to keep his shoulders straight, don't slouch'. hmmm, ok, they all said that. :rolleyes: Then he says, 'why is the family picture not up? It's getting damaged'. My dad had no idea what was being said - it rang no bells. Until he got home and found the family photo of them all in the cupboard under the stairs, with water damage.

He moved into that house only recently after his father's death and nobody could've seen that photo.

My dad has happily moved on and can happily talk about his father since then

... I must add, it was a picture of them all which was kept under the stairs, and not as my description might lead you to believe - a picture of family members gathered together under the stairs :doh:

I had a very interesting conversation last year with a very clever man who is currently working at CERN.

There is some serious work being done in relation to so called paranormal activity and a possible link with Quantum Entanglement. Nobody other than those on the fringes will talk about it, but it is going on.

Nobody really knows of course, but then some of the "respectable" research into Quantum effects is producing results that sounds bonkers as well.

I met someone on a train and in course of conversation it turns out she lived in my childhood house, her parents still live there. She said that she had seen a woman standing at the foot of her bed, her mother said not to worry as she was friendly. She asked me if anyone had died at the house when I lived there. My mother died at home from cancer just 10 days before I was married, this was over forty years ago.

Now the information about my mothers death could have been relayed to the family by neighbours so a little sceptical.

I'm prepared to keep an open mind with regard to extra-sensory perception, sixth sense, psychic ability, etc, but I simply do not accept that the dead can come back to haunt us, whether that haunting be benign or malicious; nor do I believe that anyone can communicate with the dead. I think so-called mediums are charlatans that prey on vulnerable people, and quite often seem to make themselves a small fortune in the process.

I I have experienced paranormal stuff in my own house that's is very old and working on my own in the early hours in the workshop. I never seem to get scared much. In fact the stuff that goes on in my house makes me feel very comfortable.

Too much skunk....

My Dad is very cynical about this sort of thing. A very straight talking, no-nonsense man. Years ago, his father died and he couldn't overcome his grief for a long time, shutting out his family. They arranged for him to see a medium, to which he refused, but they insisted and he begrudgingly agreed.

The medium said 'I have a man here who's asking his son to keep his shoulders straight, don't slouch'. hmmm, ok, they all said that. :rolleyes: Then he says, 'why is the family picture not up? It's getting damaged'. My dad had no idea what was being said - it rang no bells. Until he got home and found the family photo of them all in the cupboard under the stairs, with water damage.

He moved into that house only recently after his father's death and nobody could've seen that photo.

My mother saw a medium when I was about 11, and she had never met this woman before. The two things I remember her telling me about the visit were that the medium kept flicking herself over her own body with her backhand, as if flicking off dust, and saying it was all over her, and mentioning someone close to my mother. She also said that my mother had a son of about 12, and to keep him off two wheels! We not long after discovered that my grandmother was riddled with cancer, and I've had enough mishaps on bikes to put me off riding them, with that in mind. I tend to be fatalistic, but I don't have a death wish!

I've had a number of experiences in offices, an old cinema we rented and houses I've owned or rented, one of which was persistent over a number of months and extremely frightening.
In the end I've discovered a rational, non paranormal, reason for all but one of the "disturbances".
I don't believe there are such things as ghosts, if there were there would be so many, but I certainly don't discount the notion of paranormal activity, I just dont think it's anything to do with dead people.

All in your heads I'm afraid. Mediums have also been debunked and I personally rate them on the same level of peado's

Why have we never seen ghosts of dogs, cats, elephants and blue whales ??

All in your heads I'm afraid. Mediums have also been debunked and I personally rate them on the same level of peado's

There's nothing like an open mind to prompt interesting "discussion" in these sort of exchanges.

And that was nothing like one. You rate mediums on the same level as paedophiles? Something disturbingly wrong with that assessment I think

And Dinosaurs as I said in my post on the 1st page?

1000s of millions all died in an instant but not one ghost of them has ever been seen!

Last edited:
Mum and I always believed, and she said that when she passed she would come back to see me to prove it.
Shes been passed 13 years now but no sign, perhaps shes too busy or happy?

I'm not sure whether i saw a ghost or whether i was dreaming, but when i was about 6/7, i woke up to find what looked like a figure at the end of my bed. I always had my bedroom door open and could see through it into the hallway as i always had the light on. It had a book in it's hand and it looked at me and raised it's finger to it's lips as if to say don't worry.

My mum and dads bedroom was next door and my mum can recall me saying "what are you doing in my bedroom". Weird thing was i don't actually remember having any fear of whatever it may have been at all.

About 3 weeks ago my daughter was born, minutes before Julia's waters broke she said she heard a whisper from her grandmother who died about 10 years ago. It's amazing how the mind works!

While I am a scientist at heart and don't believe in ghosts I have to admit to having been "creeped out" a few times over the years in various properties. I know it's only in my head though! :)

EDIT: Just remembered that I experienced some post-sleep paralysis that was utterly terrifying a couple of years ago, the general feeling of unease and dread as if a "presence" was pinning me down still chills me when I think about it.

Last edited:
I don't believe in ghosts - but I have seen one!
In a flat in which there was always the feeling of there being someone else lingering around even when I was in alone, I saw a figure on the balcony early one evening. Assuming it was a peeping tom I chased after said figure. Which vanished. The balcony was on the 9th floor... I checked the fire escape - dust undisturbed, and not a sound to be heard (echo prone concrete fire esacpe) and no door opening/closing.
Later, I was told by a friend of the landlord that they too were aware of a presence at different times. The site of the flat was previously a holding station (bridewell) for convicted criminals awaiting the gallows. The story goes that our ghost was unhappy at being wrongly convicted and hanged and could not 'rest in peace'.
Appearance wise he was in an old suit (the cut) and shades of grey (no colour), and actually looked as though a bag of flour had earlier been tipped over him!
As I said, I don't (want to) believe in ghosts, but there's no disputing what I saw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom