Ghosts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why have we never seen ghosts of dogs, cats, elephants and blue whales ??

If you read my post it referred to the ghost of a dog.

Additionally, same chap, different house, again totally random person.

He went into the living room and declared there was a tabby cat in the room and that it seemed to want to show them something, it was jumping behind the armchair at the other side of the room.

The woman who owned the house moved the chair and the cat's ashes were behind it, she would normally have had them stood on the fireplace but didn't want to leave any clues lying about!

m.

I remember one late summer evening driving through the lanes leading into St ives in Cornwall. As I turned a bend I saw a dog standing in the middle of the road. I braked and came to a stop my missus said why have you stopped? I said because of the dog standing there look. she said there is nothing there stop playing about. The following conversation was to say the least weird.

Moonloops is our resident shock-jock, but I think what he was getting at is that both prey on the vulnerable - and both practices are despicable.

Yep MOCAŠ, that's my opinion spot on.. thanks.

If you read my post it referred to the ghost of a dog

Not a "dog" (or a Tapir) but something you probably loved and had strong emotional attachment to..

I'm still waiting to see a trillion billion gadzillion billion^infinity ants come floating by with a fatty ghost of elvis :p rattling chains in sympathy.

These scare stories are great ways of "impressing" your friends and family, makes YOUR life a bit more interesting methinks :thumb:

Oh and I can tell you, I personally witnessed the moon shift millions of miles in the sky in 1 second and turn blood red at the same time, it shook me to my boots for a while, before I realised what had actually happened.

i must say its good reading some believe some dont

all i know is it is mentioned in the bible not to believe in fortune tellers or people that say they can tell the future or speak to the dead

so in that alone they must exist ...... but looking into it more god speaks of them as demons doing the devils work

but them what about all the times people have said that a family member that passed away a long time ago help some one same a life

i dont have a answer

I've had this once or twice. Convinced that there was someone moving about in the house, but couldn't budge myself to get up and investigate no matter how hard I tried. Very odd feeling indeed (but not down to a mischievous ghost sitting on me while his mate checked out the other rooms...).

I googled this last time I had one of these "attacks". In olden times they referred to it as a devil had sat on your chest trying to kill you.

From what I understand it's when the veil between concious and subconscious activity is broken through - a bit like lucid dreams (but I am no expert!!).

The one event I remember was being woken up by the massive sound of a banging drum, literally *bang* pause *bang* pause *bang* pause and I could not move a muscle because my mind was awake but my body was still under sleep paralysis. I think I had a McDonald's breakfast to compensate later on.. :D
I'm sure there's loads of stuff on the web describing what goes on far better than I can..

Not a "dog" (or a Tapir) but something you probably loved and had strong emotional attachment to..

Ok so second time did you actually read the post because this is getting slightly frustrating with you not reading properly and then posting that patronising drivel about how boring other people's lives must be.

For clarification animal involved - check

Mine? - No

Experiment to see what this guy could pick up? Check

No way he could have known anything about it - Check

m.

Ok so second time did you actually read the post because this is getting slightly frustrating with you not reading properly and then posting that patronising drivel about how boring other people's lives must be.

For clarification animal involved - check

Mine? - No

Experiment to see what this guy could pick up? Check

No way he could have known anything about it - Check

m.

I don't have to read your posts old chap, I can divine the content via my loose leaf PG tips.

If you knew how these people worked you could work out how you had been right royally had.

if he was a psychic you should have asked him why he was poncing about in a bingo hall rather than saving the planet :thumb:

I haven't been had at all.

Did it for the media. Set up a challenge, as an experiment. Cost me nothing. Mind he was more psychic than your tea leaves, that's you wrong again. Perhaps reading would be a more accurate way of doing things than simply pulling them from ye backside :)

m.

I don't have to read your posts old chap, I can divine the content via my loose leaf PG tips.

If you knew how these people worked you could work out how you had been right royally had.

if he was a psychic you should have asked him why he was poncing about in a bingo hall rather than saving the planet :thumb:

There's nothing wrong with being a sceptic...I am too for the most part. But, it's how you present your scepticism that might be misconstrued as being a little overbearing. IMO.:)

I know what you mean fella, in my lifetime travel and being married into different cultures I have only come across fakes apart from one, my family knew her while she was still young and some horrible predictions as well as silly ones where correct. The lady in question now has two body guards and works for the rich only and is even put on private jets for little meetings.

So if there are such things as ghosts why have the three loveliest people who have died in my life (my Mum, Dad and eldest brother) not been back to see me or been seen by me. That just does not stack up. They would have been back for sure.

Have to agree with you. I have lost both my parents, my dad suddenly without warning last July. Dad was a very no-nonsence old fashioned sort. His view on 'ghosts and the like' was absolutely they didn't exist.

Dad always said 'watch those that are alive son, they can harm you. The dead will not'. I reckon if he could communicate in some way he would have by now.

"Seeing" things is a rather subjective phenomena at the best of times. Our human eyes are only normally susceptible to a very narrow wavelength band. Other animals see things we normally cant. Insects and birds in particular.
Its not beyond the realms of possibility that sometimes we are able to respond to frequencies outside our normal range and therefore pick up on what might be loosely termed "the paranormal".
I have never experienced anything, and I am sure many who claim to be able to reach out to the dead are total charlatans. I have however just occasionally caught something moving in my peripheral vision and turned to look , but with nothing there.
I have lived long enough to never discount anything as impossible.

The day after Concorde crashed in Paris my brother-in-law and I were at a theme park in Cornwall -- Flambards which we have both visited on numerous occasions. At this theme park there is full size model of the front portion of a Concorde -- flight deck and a few metres of the fulselage. (If I remember correctly it was originally used to design the cabin interiors when Concorde was being developed).
Anyway we had been to Flambards many times before and were familiar with the set up. On this occasion we looked up into the cockpit and BOTH us of saw two figures sat in the pilot and co-pilots seats. We turned to each other and said something along the lines of "Ah, that's new...this display never used to have mannequins before, lets go and have a proper look."
We then went up closer and climbed onboard the the display, fully expecting to see two dummies dressed as pilots. But the cockpit -- which you cannot fully get into thanks to a perspex barrier (you can walk in as far as the navigators seat), was empty.

I can think of no rational explanation as to what we had both witnessed. The two figures could not have been other visitors because no-one could have accessed the seats. It was not some trick of light since we both saw enough of the figures to have got a definite impression they were "pilots" and we spent a considerable amount of time looking around the other exhibits to see if there were anything that might have reflected off the cockpit windows.

We told other family members about what we had seen, but were roundly jeered. But we both know what we saw. Had I been on my own, I'd have happily put it down to imagination.

My mate reckons he can see the figure of a ghost towards the back of this photo, ive looked for ages and cant see anything? (mwa haha)

ghost_an.gif

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with being a sceptic...I am too for the most part. But, it's how you present your scepticism that might be misconstrued as being a little overbearing. IMO.:)

I understand :eek:

Text based overbearingness* - that's a nice one, not like I am shouting in their faces with spittle. :cool:

Folks can gently read the text and then how they react is up to them, either rationally or not.. fair play both sides IMHO..

Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and beliefs. I understand where you are coming from as the merc community is more "elegance" rather than "avántgard" :thumb:

I am not by default a sceptic, I just want to see evidence of these events that are testable that we can then all accept as fact.

Nobody on here will be able to show me any verifiable evidence of ghosts, ghoulies, goblins, trolls, dragons, fairys, lock ness monsters or any other silly myths, god heads or flying teabags that promise a perfect afterlife..

Show me it, and the rest of the world's population, and just maybe everyone will accept it.

p.s. I have not pressed any keys any more harder here than why buying a dominos medium sizzler on line yum :D oh and I was famished...

*made up word sorry

Oh I don't know we do get the odd (very) troll on here from time to time. Present company excepted of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom