GiffGaff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alzieboy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E350CDI Coupe
Hi anyone on this mobile sim provider , I made the mistake of leaving O2 for BT mobile , very rarely get a signal at home with BT Mobile :(

My daughter has it, seems to work OK.... it is geared towards young people though (teenagers). One thing missing is a decent roaming package.

My daughter has it, seems to work OK.... it is geared towards young people though (teenagers). One thing missing is a decent roaming package.

Isn't roaming inclusive these days?

I use GiffGaff,I have one of it's packages and it suits me £10 or £15 a month are the most popular,my partner has the £5 one as she does not use it much, 02 is good around here but like everything mobile you get dead spots,if nothing else GiffGaff is one of the cheaper providers.

I use GG also. Roaming in the EU is included with any monthly goody bag(rolling monthly contract) but is reasonable when on PAYG. I use a GG sim in my tracker also as the PAYG credit does not expire so £20 will do for a few years.

Added benefit is that when you top up at least once every 3 months, all calls/texts to other GG numbers are free so my mum is on it, and my partner also

I use a GG sim in my tracker also as the PAYG credit does not expire so £20 will do for a few years.

Do they calculate your data usage correctly? - I had a disastrous experience with Lebara - they would round up every single connection (which is about few KB) to 0.5MB and then the minimum charge of 50p or something would apply, multiplying the effective per MB rate further. Cancelled after a couple of weeks, and got a full refund after a complaint with full details, etc.

I now have an O2 SIM in my tracker, for over two years, but I hardly use more than 1MB per month, so paying £3 for the minimum data package of 100MB seems silly. Not a great deal of money, and every fourth month is free (50MB with a top-up), but still ...

No, they take what you use. On my mums account its recording 1p use per day. Thats for receiving MMS and general background connections

That's good to know, thank you.
I'll give them a try, once the current credit runs out on O2.

My dear old mother (90 years of age) was hankering after a mobile phone for some reason.

Got an "old folks" mobile off Amazon and set up a Giff-Gaff SIM.

Put £10 of credit on it 16 months back and there is still £8.50 left.

Not sure any of this helps.

Apple don't recognise Giff-Gaff as a proper provider so there is no visual voicemail available on iPhones with Giff-Gaff

I was about to make the switch from 02 to GG but am now on a "retention" contract with 02

Nick Froome

Apple don't recognise Giff-Gaff as a proper provider so there is no visual voicemail available on iPhones with Giff-Gaff

I was about to make the switch from 02 to GG but am now on a "retention" contract with 02

Nick Froome

I believe there is no visual voicemail on ANY network except O2 in the UK

What's 'visual voicemail'?

It's where you get the VM recording on the phone and because of this, it is tied to your contact.
If you have a photo as part of your contact info - that is what you see.
It's also easy to FF/rewind/pause.
I like it, I'm surprised that it isn't used more.

Thanks for the replies, all I want is a signal at home on our Mobile's which BT checker said was good!!!!!! WRONG , going to have to pay bt to terminate contract early , they really are the pits :crazy:

Well Giff Gaff uses the 02 network they do not have their own,one poster has used a sim in his tracker and I used to have a home security system with a giffgaff sim in it,they are fine but you must use it I think every 3 months/6 months or the number will be cancelled,I have found it a cheap and simple system to use they update the goodybag automatically and you can leave anytime you wish at no cost,anybody you call that is on giffgaff is free,I never get anywhere near the limit on my goodybag.

Specifically for a GPS / GPRS tracker - what tariff would you recommend?

I do not anticipate to use more than say 3MB - 5MB a month tops (if their data billing increments are the same as O2). In fact, I don't think I ever breached the 2MB threshold in 28 months of use. There are no other charges - I only used texts to set it up, the rest is via iOS app and website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom