Gift for Best Man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Chaps,

I'm getting married at the end of June

My Best Man and I are both in our late 50's so we have all the cufflinks, pens, tankards, etc. we are ever likely to need.

He doesn't play golf or have any interest in sport at all. Or cars.

He's a big cheese in the Masons, but I suspect he is well served with Masonic knick-knackery too.

What on earth can I my my old chum as a momento of the day?

All / any suggestions very gratefully received.

Thanks

Can't really help with the gift thing but congratulations on your impending nuptials!

Cheers,

Gaz

Congratulations by the way. How about a nice bottle of Malt Whisky perhaps in a presentation case?

^ great idea. 10 or 15yr old GlenFarclas is just the dogs. Hand made. None of that Diageo wouthmash.

First off, congratulations. As you have discovered, choosing a gift for a long standing friend can be a tricky quest, you do not want to go overboard or appear crass by choosing something with little thought. You could of course just ask what he would like.
You have a good command of the English language, why not a framed letter of thanks for his friendship and thanks for his time in being your best man? sometimes its the thought behind a gift that means most to the recipient.

Really comes down to how much you are thinking of spending.
The malt whisky idea is good providing he is a connoisseur and appreciates the qualites. You don't want it being knocked back like bottle of Tesco's finest blended.
How about a watch or a good quality wallet? Both are things to keep as a memento of the occasion.
BTW - Congratulations ! ! ! !

BTBTW - If the malt whisky idea is a possibility - one of these might fit the bill.............

http://www.htfw.com/all-products?age=678

Last edited:
Congrats!

How about his favourite toy/game/film/pastime from when he was growing up? Easy enough to find out surreptisiously, maybe during a reminiscent chat. An authentic 60's Meccano set, an old portable record player, a Beano annual etc. Could be easy enough to source.

Good luck with whatever you choose. It's a toughie.

Congratulations mate. How about getting a hot air balloon ride for him and his wife then a meal out for them. But best of all what about an AMG SLS i bet he would be into cars then. George.

Well chaps, sincere thanks to all my virtual chums on here.

I'm thinking an exceptionally good bottle of Scotlands finest (not Irn Bru) as I know he really enjoys whisky and conversation in the wee small hours. That way I may get a taste too!

...or a meal in a good restaurant.

The only drawback is no tangible memento of the day - or does that really matter?

Decisions, decisions.

Freemasonry
Freemasonry
Freemasonry

He's a 32 degree mason

See a pattern here?

If he works for free I need stone stone work doing and would be more than happy to pay him.

Just allow him to get a striper on your barchelor party

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom