Gifting shares to grandchildren

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tgr

1660032312652.png

I'm thinking about gifting share certificates to my grandchildren. Has anyone done this using the usual stock transfer forms sent to the registrar and were there any problems.

I'm aware of capital gains tax and inheritance tax considerations but the amounts will be less than my annual allowances. It's really the practical aspects I'm unsure of. I've used transfer forms several times before to a spouse. That was exempt from any tax implications and straight forward. One issue is the child needing a bank account to accept dividend payments, They will only be 5 years or 7 years old when I plan to start doing this.
How did you get on with this slim?

Avct

As previously reported, it’s not killing anyone. Now they are going to try a bit harder.
No evidence that it’s helping anyone either yet. Never say never, and you’ve got to be in it to win it.
Hasn’t affected the price much. It’s down a bit now to 1.17. Hurry up and wait! The optimistic may see this as a buying opportunity. I can see why it’s attractive to day trade gamblers, but market spread can be huge. With no real news it’s susceptible to rumour. Still as risky as it ever was.

AVCT :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

AVA6000 receives Orphan Drug Designation from the US Food and Drug Administration

1662358167401.png

I don’t think it actually means anything. It recognises that the drug (which is already generic) may possibly be effective against a rare disease which normally it wouldn’t be cost effective to develop a drug for. Ie a small market. If it is effective (and no evidence is yet provided for this) it protects the market for a period for that disease. I wouldn’t read too much into it until there is any kind of evidence for effectiveness which is a way away. Remember the trials so far have only been testing that it doesn’t do any harm, not that it does any good. Remember that they are only testing a delivery system, not the drug itself. The effectiveness of the drug is recognised, the delivery system is not and its that that is being assessed.
Market not impressed so far.
If it can do targeted release then it is very significant, but there have been many attempts to achieve this in the past.

Fascinating. A single stock that has lost more than half its value this year.

Proves the point: don’t trade individual shares unless you have insider information.

(And not just for unprofitable companies that have never made a penny, like this one.)

Fascinating. A single stock that has lost more than half its value this year.

Proves the point: don’t trade individual shares unless you have insider information.
A gain in excess of 100% in a short period of time from the low 20's, folks don't take enough risk in life.

It goes higher as the months pass. let's see.....

I have a tidy asset portfolio and retired in my 30s investing in individual shares, your advice is the worst one could give.

A gain in excess of 100% in a short period of time from the low 20's, folks don't take enough risk in life.

It goes higher as the months pass. let's see.....

I have a tidy asset portfolio and retired in my 30s investing in individual shares, your advice is the worst one could give.
If it worked, millions of traders and brokers would all be doing the same.

They don’t it doesn’t.

2A5E68C2-53F0-4760-BC80-92AE26ED4ACE.jpeg

Purchase Tgr slim, thank me later.
For losing half my money in less than a year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom