Gifting shares to grandchildren

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From what I can make out, Avacta and Audioboom have yet to make a profit.

NC spends another £100k to add to his 14% holding, only a matter of time before BOOM get taken over for a tidy premium, purchase and thank me later, beats £ in the bank.

1638260781014.png

1638260833322.png

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Superb -

1639640911797.png

It goes higher, beats £ in the bank - Boom

1639663622174.png

14th March 2020 they were circa 16p and touched a intra day low in the 13s that week, if you want proof of my holding pop over and have a whisky.

View attachment 111826
Sorry to hear that those Avacta shares have halved in value these last nine months

Screenshot 2021-12-24 at 12.29.48.png

Thanks but i purchased at 23 21 and 14p.

Happy xmas slim.
Understood. The essence of individual share ownership.

People publicise the shares that rise, and keep quiet about the ones that drop back. And forget about the CGT liabilities when they trade direct, outside a tax wrapper.

Have a great Christmas. We seen fantastic equity and bond returns these last two years. That’s something to celebrate but not to take for granted now that the governments are pulling back on printing money.

It’s not normal for MSCI world in GBP to be up 20% ytd and more than 400% since 2009. Widows and orphans would be wise to look for 8-10% after tax year on year, rather than thinking that they can outguess tech markets or can reliably insider trade on a tip.

Last edited:
Understood. The essence of individual share ownership.

People publicise the shares that rise, and keep quiet about the ones that drop back. And forget about the CGT liabilities when they trade direct, outside a tax wrapper.

Have a great Christmas. We seen fantastic equity and bond returns these last two years. That’s something to celebrate but not to take for granted now that the governments are pulling back on printing money.

It’s not normal for MSCI world in GBP to be up 20% ytd and more than 400% since 2009. Widows and orphans would be wise to look for 8-10% after tax year on year, rather than thinking that they can outguess tech markets or can reliably insider trade on a tip.
CGT is 20% on shares so not that hurtful

Stocks and shares isa are great, a family of four over 18s can invest £80k every tax year with 0 tax to pay regardless of the value of the initial £80k, a superb under used tax wrapper!

1640421154469.png

CGT is 20% on shares so not that hurtful

Stocks and shares isa are great, a family of four over 18s can invest £80k every tax year with 0 tax to pay regardless of the value of the initial £80k, a superb under used tax wrapper!

View attachment 122058

As I said “And forget about the CGT liabilities when they trade direct, outside a tax wrapper.”

Audioboom shares climb more than 6% as podcast boom leads group to record first yearly profit in its history​

• Audioboom made a profit of c.$1.4m in 2021 compared to a $3.3m loss last year
  • Shares in the business have now skyrocketed by over 500% in the last 12 months
  • The firm produces podcasts such as Dark Air With Terry Carnation & Dark History

1641817360475.png

Man: 'Evening, squire!
Squire: (stiffly) Good evening
Man: Is, uh,...Is your wife a goer, eh? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?
Squire: I, uh, I beg your pardon?
Man: Your, uh, your wife, does she go, eh, does she go, eh?
Squire: (flustered) Well, she sometimes "goes", yes
Man: Aaaaaaaah bet she does, I bet she does, say no more, say no more, knowwhatahmean, nudge nudge?
Squire: (confused) I'm afraid I don't quite follow you
Man: Follow me. Follow me. That's good, that's good! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!
Squire: Are you, uh,...are you selling something?
Man: SELLING! Very good, very good! Ay? Ay? Ay? (pause) Oooh! Ya wicked Ay! Wicked Ay! Oooh hooh! Say No MORE!

A member here sent me a PM a while ago, after my advice he puchased BOOM and is sitting on a tidy profit.

Man: 'Evening, squire!
Squire: (stiffly) Good evening
Man: Is, uh,...Is your wife a goer, eh? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?
Squire: I, uh, I beg your pardon?
Man: Your, uh, your wife, does she go, eh, does she go, eh?
Squire: (flustered) Well, she sometimes "goes", yes
Man: Aaaaaaaah bet she does, I bet she does, say no more, say no more, knowwhatahmean, nudge nudge?
Squire: (confused) I'm afraid I don't quite follow you
Man: Follow me. Follow me. That's good, that's good! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!
Squire: Are you, uh,...are you selling something?
Man: SELLING! Very good, very good! Ay? Ay? Ay? (pause) Oooh! Ya wicked Ay! Wicked Ay! Oooh hooh! Say No MORE!
Ease off the kestrel super strength mate

1641829450884.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom