Gifting shares to grandchildren

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What’s your strategy for getting out? When has it risen enough?
Not a good mindset to have imho, purchased BOOM in the £1.60s still holding

Doubt i would be happy had i sold at £5 £10 £15 £20 etc...

1649155116229.png

Thanks, Boom will get taken over for £25/30 in the not too distant future

Avct potential moving fwd is mind blowing.
Avct presentation

Heading in the right direction from 40p a few weeks ago

1649340256251.png

Thats a typical up beat life science jam tomorrow presentation. Hiding the fact that their covid test doesn't work properly and they don't know when it will. Most of the rest is early stage "test to make sure it doesn't kill you " before it is even shown to do anything positive. It may eventually work, but the question is, will it work before they need to raise more money. You may get lucky (some lifescience companies do but not normally for early investors.)
Doesn't look great on a long term trend! (But you could argue that the only way is up. Sadly it isn't but no-one can tell - not even the staff at this point). Its another day trade gamble.
1649411146431.png

Purchased more at 40p recently, 98p now, let's see...

Avct

"AEP was in the £3.90s in March 20 so it's already +100%, who wants 20% per annum ?"

Who wants a a five year return of less than 3% compound from AEP ?

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 11.07.45.png

Last edited:
Will post the Avct share price when we get to £5.

North of £1Bln.

Yes, but its only back to where it was a couple of weeks ago (see your post a bit higher), and this increase appears to be on the back of no news at all, so I'm not sure you can read much into it.
That other share, Audioboom has also suffered significant reversals over the last few weeks as well, so may be boots being emptied on that one.
Although to be fair, they have recently issued a trading statement that was encouraging, but one of the directors also bought shares before that announcement, and has made a nice profit on them. I'm not sure about the valuation though - need to check the multiples but I suspect its still quite high. Of the two, I prefer Audioboom as it actually has some real data. The other one - I've seen too many bio and pharma companies promising the earth and then disappearing, to want to gamble on it at the moment.
Irrespective, its only a profit (or a loss) if you actually cash out. Until then, its irrelevant.

Wow, lost half its value in a year. Ouch.

Looking at the 12 month chart tells more than just an intraday chart.

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 14.18.40.png

Yes, but its only back to where it was a couple of weeks ago (see your post a bit higher), and this increase appears to be on the back of no news at all, so I'm not sure you can read much into it.
That other share, Audioboom has also suffered significant reversals over the last few weeks as well, so may be boots being emptied on that one.
Although to be fair, they have recently issued a trading statement that was encouraging, but one of the directors also bought shares before that announcement, and has made a nice profit on them. I'm not sure about the valuation though - need to check the multiples but I suspect its still quite high. Of the two, I prefer Audioboom as it actually has some real data. The other one - I've seen too many bio and pharma companies promising the earth and then disappearing, to want to gamble on it at the moment.
Irrespective, its only a profit (or a loss) if you actually cash out. Until then, its irrelevant.
There is news on Avct, go seek it

Purchased more Boom in the £12's.

Purchased at 40p recently, it's a tough life...
"Buy Low, sell high." That's the way to do it.

It's just a shame that no-one ever does.

And not a penny profit these last five years. Maybe next time?

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 15.51.03.png

Last edited:
It still looks like a gamble. The recent announcement of the extended development deal still uses the word “potential” too many times for me at the moment. I will be keeping an eye out though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom