Gissa job Mista!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
EDIT - ADDED WEB PAGE

http://www.dewdney.co.uk/guy/cv.htm

being continuously updated..

Although the title is silly, this is actually a serious job enquiry.

I am looking for a part time job - I have my own interests (property) that require me to have days 'off' from time to time at no notice.

I am a degree qualified Mechanical Design engineer and self taught in 3D CAD systems.

At the other end of the scale, I can weld (MIG, TIG and Arc - all self taught), machine (milling, turning etc), spanner (re-building the cars in my sig, slowly...) and I have my own workshop (ok.... its a barn I rent off a local farmer, but I have all the kit you would expect in a decent small garage, bar a 2 / 4 post lift - but im working on that ;) )

I have designed electrical components for the stealth bomber right through to the New York underground.

I am an AV enthusiast, and often baffle the shops with my knowledge. Surround sound systems etc are no problem, and have a nice little CAD program that calculates the best place for speakers in a given room. My current system involves 3 linked TVs with independant sound systems, Sky, DVD, TiVo, VCR, 7 channel amp, second zone amp and zone controller, all powered via a UPS (and thats just the living room)

I am computer literate (obv) with a home wireless network - building my own computers isnt a challenge.

I know Vauxhall cars, Mercedes (obv...) and most japanese motorcycles inside out. Servicing and repair of all is possible.

so - can anyone use me? :crazy:

Last edited:
guydewdney said:
so - can anyone use me? :crazy:

resisting the temptation :D

soz guy :p

good luck :D

guydewdney said:
thought you were married... ;)

your point being :p :devil: :p

Ps - yes I am - very happily :D

90 odd views and noone in Herts needs a splendid, multi-skilled bad typist engineer? :rolleyes:

ho hum..

I thought you were gainfully employed in the media industry.... what happened?

i was working in the film industry, as a special vehicle builder, but the current crop of films dont generally involve cars / bikes - ergo no work...

Fantastic fun / money that the film industry is (and im trying to get work back inthere as we speak) its a very on / off thing... which I thought would suit me, but there's more off than on at the mo' - hence the desparation...

guydewdney said:
i was working in the film industry, as a special vehicle builder,...

WOW, what fun!!! Have you ben involved in building anything we might have seen?

I know what you mean about the on/off work, no work situation in the film business as I have a few thespians in the family :rolleyes: When they've got work they are happy as larry and laughing all the way to the bank.... and then it dries up and they are back to painting and decorating for a living :(

the motorbikes in Thunderbirds.... getting a twist an' go moped, complete with 14 stone stuntman, to do a 15' jump and not break was fun....

4bhp -> 10bhp is also interesting... (consider the percentage increase) - the sport exhaust weighed so much less than the std one that the bike fell over during jumping - so we ended up weighing it down with lead sheet! :eek: :crazy:

git... ;)

Engineering graduate - 'how does it work?'
Philosophy graduate - 'why does it work?'
humanities graduate -'Do you want fries with that?'

Last edited:
Wouldnt you like to be like:

ian_hero.jpg

Ian Scott

Operations Consultant, Cambridge and Huntingdon

That image is called IanHero oh dear... im sure hes 'loving it' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom