Give peas a chance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
Bit of a silly question really.
I am on the M25 quite a lot and see this graffitied on the brick built bridge or aquaduct just past the M40 turning as you go clockwise - always makes me smile. Always wondered how long it had been there and if there were any other stories behind it.
Anyone know?

Bit of a silly question really.
I am on the M25 quite a lot and see this graffitied on the brick built bridge or aquaduct just past the M40 turning as you go clockwise - always makes me smile. Always wondered how long it had been there and if there were any other stories behind it.h
Anyone know?

I think its a reference to the tag by graffiti artist PEAS, it originally just said PEAS then after he was continually arrested it was changed to give peas a chance, theres another thread on here about it somewhere. :thumb:

Been there for years ( literally ) , I took this in 2009 and it had already been there for years before that !

Last edited:
It was still just saying "PEAS" when the Google car went past in August 2008, so that narrows it down a bit:

peas1_zpsb8e0dd46.jpg

PEAS also tagged the other side of the bridge (actually the viaduct that carries the Chiltern line), presumably in 2006.

peas2_zps515641eb.jpg

It's an attempt to encourage you all to eat more vegetables.

Is that all we are saying..........?

I'm coming to you with any strange questions from now on.
TVM.

That's not how to decorate a bridge - this is how to decorate a bridge.

My youngest (14 at the time) won the school competition to have his design painted onto our local railway bridge - it needed to represent local transport history from the local area (which is where Rev Awdry of Thomas The Tank Engine originated).
Boys school design one side, girls school design, the other side

His original design - references to Thomas, Mini, Longbridge, school, etc. etc.
The artist who applied it to the bridge (60ft x 5 ft).
The award ceremony, Headmaster/Councillor.

It's there every day as we cross the bridge :thumb:.
P1010004.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010072_zpsc45a7f45.jpg

P1010095_zps72d6ae79.jpg

Last edited:
^ It probably would have taken PEAS a bit longer than one evening to paint that lot onto the Viaduct over the M25.

That's fantastic John!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom