Gl class 420 or 320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BULLITTBOSS

Car
r129 500sl
As per title i am after a gl the question is i am after a gl either a 420 or a 320 i am looking for a high spec high miler,i do not do many miles about 6k a year and am wondering is the 420 that much better than the lower power 320 or would the 320 be underpowered for such a big beast

Richard

Any car that has a V8 diesel engine in it's range should make it a no-brainer which to buy.

The 320 has 224 bhp, whereas the 420 has 306 bhp.

Need I go go on?

good answer sweet pea, what about 320 with a brabus chip,i have been offered one with supposedly 250hp at a good price

good answer sweet pea, what about 320 with a brabus chip,i have been offered one with supposedly 250hp at a good price

Funnily enough, I'm selling my Brabus box that works on the 320 V6 CDi engine.

I don't know who gave you the 250bhp figure, but mine takes me up to 272 from 224 bhp.

I have 420 ML and wouldn't want it slower. I would think a boggo 320 in a G class body would be quite lethargic.....

The Brabus box sounds tempting though. Probably get better mpg and similar performance to 420 by the sounds of it. I rarely get better than 23/24 mpg.

I have 420 ML and wouldn't want it slower. I would think a boggo 320 in a G class body would be quite lethargic.....

The Brabus box sounds tempting though. Probably get better mpg and similar performance to 420 by the sounds of it. I rarely get better than 23/24 mpg.

I agree! My ML has over 270bhp and one very good reason for not needing a 420....the mpg.
I don't do the 'screech and stamp' driving style, but the 620Nm of torque is 'adequate' when and if required. It won't be very different in the GL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom