GL320 binding brakes mot failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyboy23

Car
Mercedes GL320 CDI
I wonder if someone have had something similar happened in their vehicle.
My GL failed the MOT for a osf brake binding as major and osr as advisory. Replaced all three callipers (booth rear and osf) with rebuild ones, changed pads, greased pins and bleeded brakes twice…tried it on brake tester for three times after every job done and after replacing rubber hose it just get worse so run out of options.
Can it be the pump?
Garage also didn’t know what it could be as callipers were checked again and mowing freely.
Gearbox braking only on one wheel?
Any ides please?

Crazyboy so you changed all 4 rubber flexi hoses to the calipers ?. What is the part about --gearbox only braking on one wheel ?
No, changed only the front of side hose as that is the one which is causing problems.
Garage told me that it could be the gearbox which holds the wheel from turning freely…but my understanding is that than it should be all wheels not just osf not turning freely and showing up as brake binding.

Do a Google search like i did .Looks like a comon problem on the ML . Could be the ESP or the ABS ECU is applying the brakes for some reason or other .
I am not sure about actual brake binding as when the engine is not on, the wheel turns more or less freely but as soon as the engine is on…it is hard to turn it. Googled it already and there were nothing about w164. I’m not to sure if the w164 has the same abs problems as previous w163 versions had.

ABS or ESP is telling ECU there is a problem . Or vacuum booster id faulty get a star readout for faults and i dont know why the garage never checked the codes for your problem to start with .

Did you google it i did again said for second time to replace the ESP module cured it for one guy . car a ml320

ABS or ESP is telling ECU there is a problem . Or vacuum booster id faulty get a star readout for faults and i dont know why the garage never checked the codes for your problem to start
Thank you for the advice. I have star equipment my self and there are no fault codes at all.

Did you google it i did again said for second time to replace the ESP module cured it for one guy . car a ml320
Thanks again for advices. Appreciate that. Just passed the mot in other garage which does 4x4…they said that actually the garage which failed the mot, shouldn’t test all wheel drive vehicles on the two wheel ramp.

Well thank you and i never knew the car was a 4 wheel drive at the time .Might be worth putting it any new questions you ask next time to help the member help you quicker . Or better still put it in your profile ..

Well thank you and i never knew the car was a 4 wheel drive at the time .Might be worth putting it any new questions you ask next time to help the member help you quicker . Or better still put it in your profile ..
GL are all 4 wheel drive only. Will put it in my profile though, thank you

Fine .My fault i should have known they are 4x4 all wheel drive . Will know for the next time ..I did write a message about it being hard to turn wheels on the rear but i scrubbed it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom