GL320 x164 - no Bluetooth streaming or mobile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mil1194

Car
Current - GL320, Audi S8 and ex MB - Clk320 CL500 E350cdi C230k ML270cdi
Hi, my head unit is factory standard and it has the phone button but nothing in the armrest to place a phone into - not that it would take a new iPhone anyway!
what are the recommendations to add this feature? I’ve seen some Bluetooth bits that might work but I’d also like to stream music etc.
is there a (cheap) way to do this or is an alternative headunit the best way forward?

cheers.

something like this....

the standard head units have all the buttons, but unless specced when new, won’t have the wiring, nor components.

a new head unit will give you much more functionality - but if you currently have Comand or Bose / HK upgrade it will get expensive as it is an optical system.

cheaper if it’s a bog standard Audio20 type set up. (As it’s just a wired system).

something like this....

the standard head units have all the buttons, but unless specced when new, won’t have the wiring, nor components.

a new head unit will give you much more functionality - but if you currently have Comand or Bose / HK upgrade it will get expensive as it is an optical system.

cheaper if it’s a bog standard Audio20 type set up. (As it’s just a wired system).

i think I have the basic audio 20 tbh. For once being basic might be for the best!
Any recommendations for a replacement head unit?

phone/streaming music/screen mirroring/apple CarPlay I guess if I’m making the jump.

Its tricky, you can go for a double din Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood and fit a trim panel.
They can be pricey.
or

go for an android unit many are designed to fit dash and look ‘original’ - they can offer lots of functionality/apps(WAZE sat nav) / reversing cameras/DAB/ and are cheaper. I searched eBay for ‘android head unit for Mercedes GL320’

if you do - just ensure that you get correct one suitable for your year, go for android 10, octa core with lots of RAM. Decide what bits you want to order it all at once - camera? Dab aerial? Etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom