GL320 X164 Sam Module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eldomix

Car
ml270 2005
hi
i have just purchased a GL320 my2007
The front passenger sidelight bulb seems to stay on even when the car is switched off (i have removed the bulb as a temporary fix) I have been told about a SAM module under the drivers seat next to the battery which suffers with surface corrosion can cause this issue.
I plan to try and remove the SAM module and try to carefully clean it and see if this helps
Just wondered if anyone has any advice they can give me
Many Thanks

Its problem with not rear sam. Its problem with sam which is located under front passager in battery bay. I had same issue on w164 ML. Check before contacts if some oxidation clean with contacr cleaner.

Found the SAM, one end was covered in corrosion, cleaned it it and refitted and problem solved
unfortunatly it looks like my car was previosly worked on by a gorilla as they have cut the carpet to much and forgot to re-install the heater duct

hi
i have just purchased a GL320 my2007
The front passenger sidelight bulb seems to stay on even when the car is switched off (i have removed the bulb as a temporary fix) I have been told about a SAM module under the drivers seat next to the battery which suffers with surface corrosion can cause this issue.
I plan to try and remove the SAM module and try to carefully clean it and see if this helps
Just wondered if anyone has any advice they can give me
Many Thanks

This seems to be quite common. I had this on my W164. Apparently a common problem where water leaks through the offside rear light unit, (foam gasket not good enough).
Water leaked in and dripped onto the sam unit below. Mercedes sell a revised foam light sealing gasket but it looks identical to the old one.

Just an update
I have found out the previous owner had spilt a 25 ltr drum of water in the boot

Just an update
I have found out the previous owner had spilt a 25 ltr drum of water in the boot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom