GL420 intake manifold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dylanthedog

Car
GL420
I've had my GL420 for a few years now, and I go from drama to drama e.g. Head gasket replaced! This week's drama is limp mode, max 3000rpm and no boost. OBD code says no.1 bank, swirl flaps, and I'm not surprised. I've bought another intake manifold (for linkages etc) off of ebay and it is full of goo, I'm sure that's solely courtesy of the egr valve. I've taken my intake manifold off and it too is full of goo. What I'm after though is, would anybody be kind enough to provide the torque values for the intake and the cover? There doesn't seem to be anyone who has done this and recorded it anywhere on the Web but I doubt I'm the 1st! TIA

I've had my GL420 for a few years now, and I go from drama to drama e.g. Head gasket replaced! This week's drama is limp mode, max 3000rpm and no boost. OBD code says no.1 bank, swirl flaps, and I'm not surprised. I've bought another intake manifold (for linkages etc) off of ebay and it is full of goo, I'm sure that's solely courtesy of the egr valve. I've taken my intake manifold off and it too is full of goo. What I'm after though is, would anybody be kind enough to provide the torque values for the intake and the cover? There doesn't seem to be anyone who has done this and recorded it anywhere on the Web but I doubt I'm the 1st! TIA
Not the official input. But I would personally tackly this zig zag at 15 pound feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom