GLA Steering wheel controls and horn not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hdgla

Car
GLA 200d
Hi. I have a GLA 200d which was registered in September 2017. I bought this as a used car at end of July 2020. It has just recently developed a fault in that the steering wheel controls don't work and neither does the horn. I am booked in with Mercedes Benz to take a look at it as it's still under warranty until July 2021.

Anyone know what the issue might be?
Does anyone know if this is to do with a clockspring or a faulty airbag? I know that there was a recall in 2017 but they were before my car was first registered and I am wondering if the recall was missed for my car.

This is my first Mercedes and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed as the car failed its first MOT. I was told by the dealership I bought it from that it had been well looked after. First the MOT, now the steering wheel.

My last three Hondas were more reliable than this!

Hi. I have a GLA 200d which was registered in September 2017. I bought this as a used car at end of July 2020. It has just recently developed a fault in that the steering wheel controls don't work and neither does the horn. I am booked in with Mercedes Benz to take a look at it as it's still under warranty until July 2021.

Anyone know what the issue might be?
Does anyone know if this is to do with a clockspring or a faulty airbag? I know that there was a recall in 2017 but they were before my car was first registered and I am wondering if the recall was missed for my car.

This is my first Mercedes and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed as the car failed its first MOT. I was told by the dealership I bought it from that it had been well looked after. First the MOT, now the steering wheel.

My last three Hondas were more reliable than this!
Failed the first MOT on what though?

Failed the first MOT on what though?
  • Nearside Front Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))
I wasn't impressed that I had just bought the car two months earlier and it failed its first MOT. All my Hondas always passed their MOTs.

• Nearside Front Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))
So hardly warrants the suggestion of unreliable.

Any could pick up a tear in a CV boot on any car and a single fault with the steering wheel controls in around 4 years is pretty unremarkable in the scheme of things.

So hardly warrants the suggestion of unreliable.

Any could pick up a tear in a CV boot on any car and a single fault with the steering wheel controls in around 4 years is pretty unremarkable in the scheme of things.
Yes but if a car is regularly serviced, faults should get picked up. It was supposedly serviced just before I bought it.

Yes but if a car is regularly serviced, faults should get picked up. It was supposedly serviced just before I bought it.
You are assuming that the "fault" was apparent when purchased, you have no evidence of this have you?

Plus "regularly serviced" may cover anything from 12 months to over 20 months on cars with extended service intervals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom