Glasses guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Anyone got a glasses guide?

Been asked for a price by my step mother... she wants to trade in her 52 plate VW golf GTI - fully loaded with designo leather, metallic paint, air, everything basically & 27k miles and dealer history.

She's been offered 7k trade in - doesnt sound like much to me.

Can someone look it up for me?

Unfortunately, depreciation hits the used value of vehicles hard!!! In just under 2 years I have lost around 50% of the value of my Sprinter through depreciation and I too was shocked when Grav888 told me the book price/value for it now...

I personally would not pay more than £8K for a used Mark 4 Golf GTI and it is probably approaching 4 years old too after Sept anyway... If you can sell the car privately then you will get a better price but its hard trying to find a buyer who will pay the right price as it takes time. Sadly, expensive factory options do not get the money back when selling cars on...

Register on vauxhall.co.uk - members get free online Glass's searches

Sp!ke said:
Anyone got a glasses guide?

Been asked for a price by my step mother... she wants to trade in her 52 plate VW golf GTI - fully loaded with designo leather, metallic paint, air, everything basically & 27k miles and dealer history.

She's been offered 7k trade in - doesnt sound like much to me.

Can someone look it up for me?
Got a good mate who's the dealer principal (posh word for "the boss") of a VW /Audi franchise group and after seeing your post, I rang him to check the price for my mum's (51 plate Golf 2.3 V5 tiptronic with full leather, climate and 19k miles), because she's looking at changing to an Audi S3.

Interestingly, her's came out at £6750 while your step mother's...........was exactly the same; although that's only the trade valuation, rather than an actual trade-in value. My mate reckons the V5 isn't a great used seller (especially as an auto), while a low-mileage 52-plate 2.0 GTi with leather will generally fly out of the door at £7995 retail.

Given that, his advice was to push for between £7250 and £7500, but that to get more you'd need to find a dealer with plenty of margin and bonus available.

Hope this helps.

Well thanks for that guys but it seemed in vain - just got this.

Just a quickie to let you know that after much searching and pricing on the internet, I sold the Golf today for a 1.4 Urban fox plus £1000 extas for more or less a straight swap. This one though is more enviromentally friendly and far cheaper to run!!! This is what concerns you at my age!!!!

Helluva downgrade if you ask me :confused:

I'm sorry to say this but she has a very valid point.

Sooner or later we will have to start accepting some kind of responsibility for the environment.

For what it's worth, I think the Fox is a stunning little car

Andy

andy_k said:
Sooner or later we will have to start accepting some kind of responsibility for the environment.
Andy

What, by changing our cars every few years? Has the Gti been recycled?

andy_k said:

For what it's worth, I think the Fox is a stunning little car

Andy

As power generation creates more CO2 than transport we'd probably have more effect if we all turned off the mains in our houses. Of course, that would be the end of the forum.

andy_k said:

hehehehe .. good one lol

Go online costs a couple of pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom