Glasses lookup please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Does anyone have access to a current guide ....

I would like to know the price of a T-reg Golf GTi 2.0 , with leather and aircon , manual , in average condition ....

Thanks in advance

I would say £4800 maximum - I personally would not pay any more than that.

PS. Is this to possiblly replace the Ford KA...?

No ......

Possibly to replace something else ;)

Chap want's £3.5k for it 102 k , 5 door , black leather , black bodywork , aircon , manual ....

I told him it's too much , it needs scratches sorting out, a new door mirror cover , it's his wifes car and she doesn't really look after it , but it does have a full VWSH ....

We'll see

Howard said:
Does anyone have access to a current guide ....

I would like to know the price of a T-reg Golf GTi 2.0 , with leather and aircon , manual , in average condition ....

Thanks in advance
Late last year we went down that route with my son. The 1.8T is the better vehicle, but by crikey there are some rough examples out there. The £3800 would be in the ball park for a decent example. Bodywork should be spotless, the rubbers on the top of the door seals is worth a close inspection. We saw quite a few where the doors had not been hung properly and were causing excess wear.

The leather is a nice option.

Good luck,
John

Excellent condition: £3440
Average condition: £3010
Below average condition: £2590

that's with 50,000 miles, not taking leather and air-con into consideration.

HTH
Karl

Thanks everyone ....

So a 100k one in average condition , i suppose is around £2.5k ...

Just out of interest Karl , where are those figures from ? Glasses ?

Bear in mind that the glasses values from the Vauxhall site are based on a P/X offer from a dealer against a car purchased from the same dealer. The private sale prices should be higher.

Having said that, Wisebuyers aren't far off:

Retail: £3,657
Private Good: £2,847
Private Average: £2,107
Private Poor: £1,417
Part Exchange: £2,347
Trade: £2,159

The valuations quoted are prices you should aim to pay for a used car, not the advertised price. You should adjust your valuation to allow for extras that were not standard specification.

Fandango said:
Excellent condition: £3440
Average condition: £3010
Below average condition: £2590

that's with 50,000 miles, not taking leather and air-con into consideration.

HTH
Karl
Hi Howard,
I can't recall seeing a 1.8GTi without air con, (can't comment about the 2.0) number one son is out at the moment, but the leather is sought after. There is also a slight difference in price for the two or four door.

I would seriously suggest reading some reviews on the Mk IV 2.0 GTi before rushing into this. The car your considering is not a bite your hand off bargain, be in no rush to part with your pennies, although I'm sure you must be seriously considering it.

Good luck,
Regards
John

I generally use Wisebuyers as a guide as it is usually pretty close. Saved £1000 on the Wifes car by using Wisebuyers over Parkers.
Wisebuyers were significantly lower than every other guide so I showed the seller the "book" price and left him to his thoughts.:)

Dieselman said:
I generally use Wisebuyers as a guide as it is usually pretty close. Saved £1000 on the Wifes car by using Wisebuyers over Parkers.
Wisebuyers were significantly lower than every other guide so I showed the seller the "book" price and left him to his thoughts.:)

Another method is to buy last months Glasses on Ebay, there are loads at around the £6 mark.

adam

I'm umming and ahhing at the moment .....

The guy has had it for a while ( he's just got a new company car ) ....

Wants £3.5k for it , and turned down an offer of £3250 ... i told him he was mad ....

Now no one is interested , so what i'm thinking is , now we are into 2007 , its another year older , i'll wait until the tax is due and then slide in there with a £2 or £2.5 k offer ...

He might not take it , but I don't care , I'm only thinking about it because it's there , if he won't take it , i'll keep the whale .....

I'll only buy it if I can 'steal' it .... ( not literally)

Decent Golfs always seem to cost to much compared to other stuff you can buy for similar money. I've just bought a 1999 BMW 523i Touring (double VANOS) for £2500.

adam

big x said:
Decent Golfs always seem to cost to much compared to other stuff you can buy for similar money. I've just bought a 1999 BMW 523i Touring (double VANOS) for £2500.

adam
Agreed,
I tried to steer my son to-wards a nice Audi A4 but it was all about street cred.

Number one son is telling me the Mk IV 2.0 GTi is roughly 25 - 30bhp less than the 1.8GTi. It is the older 4 valve engine compared to the 5 valve of the 1.8GTi and the 2.0 has a less specced interior compared to the 1.8

We looked at dozens of GTi's and folks know their value. Unfortunately you will get what you pay for. If the car is very cheap then simply ask yourself why? Do NOT ask the seller as you will simply get words that you want to hear.

I was amazed that some we looked at were ex rep cars.

John

The car isn't cheap at the moment .....

It's from a family friend , who lives across the road , so it's not like he will never see it again .....

It's not in great nick bodywise , but only scratches on arches and stuff and a missing door mirror cover .... nothing major , no rust .... but it does have a full VWSH , and just had the aircon fixed at the cost of a grand ....

His wife has been using it and we all know what they are like .... ;)

It's well specced , with aircon , BBS splitties , leather etc etc ....

I'll just wait, if it goes, it goes , if he's still got it in a while he might be more amenable to offers ....

glojo said:
Number one son is telling me the Mk IV 2.0 GTi is roughly 25 - 30bhp less than the 1.8GTi. It is the older 4 valve engine compared to the 5 valve of the 1.8GTi and the 2.0 has a less specced interior compared to the 1.8

Mark 4 Golf 1.8GTI Turbo GT was nicely speced and was quickest of the range apart from the R32 of course. It would come with climate control/six speed gear box and headlamp wash. The 150BHP TDI GT was also something as well.

The standard 1.6L SE Golf is only 10BHP less than a entry level GTI.

Howard said:
The car isn't cheap at the moment .....

It's from a family friend , who lives across the road , so it's not like he will never see it again .....

It's not in great nick bodywise , but only scratches on arches and stuff and a missing door mirror cover .... nothing major , no rust .... but it does have a full VWSH , and just had the aircon fixed at the cost of a grand ....

His wife has been using it and we all know what they are like .... ;)

It's well specced , with aircon , BBS splitties , leather etc etc ....

I'll just wait, if it goes, it goes , if he's still got it in a while he might be more amenable to offers ....

I could always be a "potential" customer and inspect it and tell him what a dog of a car it is in hope he may off load it cheap very quickly to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom