Glastonbury 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Anyone there?
Probably very few, and those who are will be otherwise occupied, so who's watching the TV footage?

Friday night and ZZ Top up and away, happy days!

1278059361_Crowda.jpg

Acts included: Hawkwind, Traffic, Melanie, David Bowie, Joan Baez, Fairport Convention and Quintessence.
entrance:- free!
1971 | Glastonbury Festival

I'm slightly biased about annual festivals that have been around so long that they have almost become a parody of how they started out .
Puts it in perspective when one of the headlining acts on the Pyramid stage in 2010 was this guy.

21232.jpg

I just don't see the appeal of pop music on an industrial scale that's all. Sorry.

I just don't see the appeal of pop music on an industrial scale that's all. Sorry.

I'm with you the modern festivals are a sham compared to the likes of Knebworth in the 70's

Floyd, Stones, Zep, Deep purple

Happy days

Muse, Adele, Skepta, Stormzy, Coldplay, Disclosure, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Fatboy Slim, Roni Size & Krust, Carl Cox, Kano, Kurrupt FM, Lady Leshurr, Charlie Sloth, Bugzy Malone, Netsky, Julio Bashmore, Annie Mac, Rude Kid & Youngman, Luck & Neat, Preditah, Ms Dynamite, Yungen, Delta Heavy, Drumsound & B'Smith, Serum, Bladerunner, Dub Phizix, Aphrodite, Sub Focus, Stanton Warriors, Loadstar, Patrick Topping, Nicky Blackmarket, Bryan G, Shy FX, Redlight, Hot Creations, to name a few...

What a lineup! Envious of those attending

Muse, Adele, Skepta, Stormzy, Coldplay, Disclosure, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Fatboy Slim, Roni Size & Krust, Carl Cox, Kano, Kurrupt FM, Lady Leshurr, Charlie Sloth, Bugzy Malone, Netsky, Julio Bashmore, Annie Mac, Rude Kid & Youngman, Luck & Neat, Preditah, Ms Dynamite, Yungen, Delta Heavy, Drumsound & B'Smith, Serum, Bladerunner, Dub Phizix, Aphrodite, Sub Focus, Stanton Warriors, Loadstar, Patrick Topping, Nicky Blackmarket, Bryan G, Shy FX, Redlight, Hot Creations, to name a few...

Ash, you forgot Brother Beyond, Cheeky Girls, Glenn Madeross & Johnny Hates Jazz. :thumb:

OMG. I've just realised that I'm now my parents. OMG I just realised I used the phrase "OMG". Twice. Three times in fact.

The only ones I've heard of are as old as me (Muse, Coldplay, Fatboy Slim, Carl Cox, DJ Luck & MC Neat), or behave like they're as old as me (Adele).

We have friend there, they go every year and love it. They were interviewed by the TV news earlier too!

I'm with you the modern festivals are a sham compared to the likes of Knebworth in the 70's

Floyd, Stones, Zep, Deep purple

Happy days

Did Deep Purple play Knebworth in the 70s?

Maybe it was one of those 'if you were there you wouldn't remember' moments?

number one son is there.
I gather he's seen zz top tonight & muse later along with others
edit, muse just started

The Isle of Wight Festival was the first! 1968, my dad was one of the police on duty over there.

number one son is there.
I gather he's seen zz top tonight & muse later along with others
edit, muse just started

Muse in excellent form as well.

I understand that Val Doonican is now available on Spotify for the old grunters.

You don't go for the music :D

I believe a liking of mud is also a requirement. Son says he is now camping in a pond within a sea of mud.

I don't get why the owners/organisers have not put their obvious vast profits into infrastructure

This was the last festival I attended (in 1987):-

The Highlight (apart from Alice Cooper of course) was Dumpy's Rusty Nuts!

reading-advert-1987-600.jpg

Last edited:

But Glastonbury provides a very important function.

It's where middle-class white people go so that they can feel "cool".

I watched Adele last night. Potty mouth in the extreme. Switched over as her continual swearing spoiled a great performance. Asking the audience if they had managed to have a sh!t or had taken a F***ing p!ss ? Why?

Because she's from the wrong side of the tracks ?

Clearly you've never been to Tottenham Bruce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom