GLC 2021 things lacking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inkytog

Car
GLC 220d
Hey all.

I just took delivery of a 2021 GLC 220d with Premium Pack as a trade in for my 2018 GLC 220d.

I've discovered the lack of park assist - I know its been debated - but it's totally disabled right? Even the parallel parking as I had on my old car?
It's listed in my build document -but the VIN check reveals the infamous 'reduced' entry for Park Assist.

Also - I noticed that in my boot there's no longer the chrome handle on the storage compartment on the boot floor - nor is this lockable. Also there's no little hook to stop the thing closing on your head as there was in my other car.
Is this correct? Have they removed the lockable feature/chrome handle and pushed it to the AMG's?

Seems a strange thing to shift especially with the Premium Plus pack.

Hey all.

I just took delivery of a 2021 GLC 220d with Premium Pack as a trade in for my 2018 GLC 220d.

I've discovered the lack of park assist - I know its been debated - but it's totally disabled right? Even the parallel parking as I had on my old car?
It's listed in my build document -but the VIN check reveals the infamous 'reduced' entry for Park Assist.

Also - I noticed that in my boot there's no longer the chrome handle on the storage compartment on the boot floor - nor is this lockable. Also there's no little hook to stop the thing closing on your head as there was in my other car.
Is this correct? Have they removed the lockable feature/chrome handle and pushed it to the AMG's?

Seems a strange thing to shift especially with the Premium Plus pack.
Hi,
I have same issues. I have been delivered my car last week and I have noticed the same things lacking. My version is AMG line premium plus.
park assistance has been disabled due to incompatibility with an EU directive, as far as I know.
which website do you use for VIN check?
Moreover on my car the following features are missing (LTE connection module temporary unavailable):
351eCall emergency call system• Automatically or manually triggered emergency call
Mercedes me Connect Standard Services• Software updates
• Remote retrieval of vehicle status (e.g. fuel level)
• Remote vehicle diagnostics
• Proactive Maintenance Management
• Telediagnostics
• Service contacts with Customer Assistance Center via Multimedia System (e.g. for Breakdown Management)
355 Extended MBUX Functions• Online-functions MBUX Voice-Assistant “Hey Mercedes”
367Pre-installation Live Traffic Information• Route calculation based on Real-time Traffic Information including Car2x-Communication
502Pre-installation Map Update• Map Update (USB / Over-the-Air)
01UPre-installation Navigation Services• Displaying parking / weather information on Navigation Map
• Digital Drivers Log
• Digital Payment via “Fuel & Pay”
365Hard-Disc Navigation• In-Car Office
• Online Search (including input via What3Words)
00U
33U
Remote Services
Remote Services Plus
• Remote Door Locking and Unlocking
• Remote Sunroof Control, Remote Window Control
• Save profiles in the vehicle with personalisation options such as lumbar and mirror settings or favourite radio stations
• Vehicle Location / Monitoring
34URemote Services Premium• Remote Door Locking and Unlocking
• Save profiles in the vehicle with personalisation options such as lumbar and mirror settings or favourite radio stations
• Vehicle Location/Monitoring
• Vehicle Help
37URemote Services Advanced• Remote Door Locking and Unlocking
• Save profiles in the vehicle with personalisation options such as lumbar and mirror settings or favorite radio stations
• Vehicle Location/Monitoring
20UPre-installation digital Key Handover• Sharing vehicle/key within family and friends vie Mercedes me App – wherever you are.
P54URBAN GUARD Vehicle Protection• Theft and parking collision notification via Mercedes me App
P82URBAN GUARD Vehicle Protection Plus• Theft and parking collision notification via Mercedes me App
• Stolen Vehicle Help
• Emergency Key Deactivation
PBP
PBR
Energizing Package
ENERGIZING Package Plus
• Energizing Comfort programs and connection to Garmin Wearables / Fitness-Tracker
• Mercedes me Energizing App

I have been told that the listed features are going to be available once the module is installed by MB as soon as it is available.

Does anybody have the same experience and has some more information?

thank you.

As Mercedes give you three years' free subscription to some of these items from the date of first registration, will the start date of your free period be the date of registration, or the subsequent date of installation of the module?

As Mercedes give you three years' free subscription to some of these items from the date of first registration, will the start date of your free period be the date of registration, or the subsequent date of installation of the module?
I don’t know, however it seems fair to consider the date of installation. By the way, I would consider myself lucky if I would eventually have the module installed on my car, since I have paid for it….

I am guessing that this is due to the worldwide semiconductor shortage?

The 4g KOM Module affects all connected services, so these won't work until it's fitted.

I am guessing that this is due to the worldwide semiconductor shortage?

The 4g KOM Module affects all connected services, so these won't work until it's fitted.
Yes it seems to be related to this issue. However I had to wait almost one year since order submission…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom