GLC 43 AMG- Thoughts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevebgt1

Car
Audi R8 V10 Plus . MRC Tuned 655BHP Larini Exhaust.
Okey Dokey.

The Mrs has been banging about in an Audi SQ5 for the last 4 years. We have had it from new and it has never missed a beat, and to be honest...pretty awsome car !

Time for her to change....

I have convinced her ( job done so far so good) that MB AMG is the way forward.

The GLC 43 AMG seems to be the most direct rival, as we want to go petrol with her next car.

Anyone/had/got one of these ? Can tell me pros and cons either way ?

Obviously we will test drive /research extensively etc....but first hand owners reviews are always a good start.....( well. usually....) o_O

Steve, welcome back. I have read there is a few issues with crabbing but I don't think it a big issue as made out.

I can only really comment on the engine, having test driven and ordered a C43 saloon, and although it's AMG's 'entry level' engine I loved it - it's smooth, refined and responds well to the right foot. I'm not a particular fan of SUV's and crossovers (don't get me started on that!) but I would think it would provide a similar experience in a G wagon.

Steve, welcome back. I have read there is a few issues with crabbing but I don't think it a big issue as made out.
Crabbing doesnt worry me. I have had a few cars that do that.

I can only really comment on the engine, having test driven and ordered a C43 saloon, and although it's AMG's 'entry level' engine I loved it - it's smooth, refined and responds well to the right foot. I'm not a particular fan of SUV's and crossovers (don't get me started on that!) but I would think it would provide a similar experience in a G wagon.
Yeah I am interested in thoughts on the engine. 3.0 Petrol Twin Turbo ?. Her SQ5 is a 3.0 Bi Turbo Diesel and is loveley.

Yeah I am interested in thoughts on the engine. 3.0 Petrol Twin Turbo ?. Her SQ5 is a 3.0 Bi Turbo Diesel and is loveley.

I have only test driven one and had one as a loan and I found the engine really good and it was quick! Locally I managed late 20's around London. I had the car for two days. That is all I can tell you :)

I have only test driven one and had one as a loan and I found the engine really good and it was quick! Locally I managed late 20's around London. I had the car for two days. That is all I can tell you :)
Cheers mate. That`s a good start. Late 20`s round town is good enough for me, she doesn`t do many miles anyway....

I would agree re the engine, had a good blast with one around Perthshire, can't remember the fuel economy but think it was a good bit better on the open roads, loved the pops when going down thru the gears

Crabbing doesnt worry me. I have had a few cars that do that.
From what I’ve read on here and also experienced in a GLC, there is crabbing, then there is *this* crabbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom