Glc 63 tires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan930

Car
Glc 63
What brand are you all using,I’m running the 20”
& have continental sport contact 6(4mm tread) road roar is unbelievable...when I had the 19”with michelin altitude 3 the noise was acceptable

i have just got a ex demo car with the 19inch wheels and have bought a set of 20inch Amg wheels, I have ordered sport contacts, had them on my glc43 21 inch rims and they were not bad, the fronts where the contisilent tyres. Have you noticed a difference in ride quality as well as noise From the 19,s . I think I was after the car you bought

Last edited:
Morning Hoofa,the ride quality is definitely firmer & the front wheel skipping at full lock is worse
I brought the car from brooklands merc

What brand are you all using,I’m running the 20”
& have continental sport contact 6(4mm tread) road roar is unbelievable...when I had the 19”with michelin altitude 3 the noise was acceptable
Which tyres are available in the right size?

Yep,it was brooklands merc, I ended up with a Black one from Inverness Ex demo, having had 21 on the glc43 the tyres skipping on this one is hardly anything but I did get used to it on the larger tyres and it didn’t bother me. Tyre choice was either conti or pilot 4s seem to get a good review. What wheels did you fit ? Here’s is what I went for

Attachments

• 8C97982A-1C53-4CA9-BB0F-DF2EA3479286.jpeg
    8C97982A-1C53-4CA9-BB0F-DF2EA3479286.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 5
I fitted the same wheels as you mate
Would new tires would new tires reduce this problem?

There was some used wheels on eBay, with the black inserts rather than grey, got a pic of the car with the new wheels ? , I ordered these new from Germany , not sure if new tyres would reduce the noise I think it’s just the fact going from 19 to 20 and a stiffer sidewall on the tyre hence more noise . I’ll let you know as I’ll get in fitted in a few weeks. I just have sort some new tpms sensors for the new wheels. I will say the conti tyres did wear quickly on the 43 but these are performance cars after all

I fitted the same wheels as you mate
Would new tires would new tires reduce this problem?
New tyres should skip less than used tyres of the same design, because there will be more flex in the taller tread blocks, which will allow some movement before it starts to skip. If the tyre walls are stiff then it may still skip. Though, perhaps less pronounced though.

Winter tyres are worth considering for use in Autumn, Winter and early Spring, if you can get the in the correct size.

GLC 43 running 19" and Avon ZX7, nice compliant and quiet tyres.

If there’s less crabbing after fitting new tires I might consider it...thinking of buying some new 20” Michelin latitude sport3...anyone used these tires & noticed less crabbing?

Ok so an update fitted the 20,s yep way more noise and in new tyres , to be honest it’s not surprising as they are wider and not so much tyre wall. If you want comfort and quiet stick with 19,s

Ok so an update fitted the 20,s yep way more noise and in new tyres , to be honest it’s not surprising as they are wider and not so much tyre wall. If you want comfort and quiet stick with 19,s
Any crabbing at full lock matw

I'm running Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons (20") on a 2018 GLC63s

I had pretty much worn out Continentals (as per factory) at start of winter which were crabbing even turning out of a road onto another and just scared people nearby in car-parks when I turned.

These Pirelli All seasons are nice and quiet and absolutely no crabbing

I couldn't actually find any other manufacturer making both the front and rear sizes in the same all season tyre ...

Asda tyres were the cheapest. Only issue is tyres are 168mph rated and not 186mph.

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 265/45R20 108W XL 2 £220.54
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 295/40R20 110W XL 2. £219.76

Got £40 discount for buying 4 tyres, and they were fitted by my favourite car tyre place who couldn't get anywhere near on the pricing of the rears. The rears are officially Maserati tyres (or was it the fronts)

Cheers
Richard

C
I'm running Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons (20") on a 2018 GLC63s

I had pretty much worn out Continentals (as per factory) at start of winter which were crabbing even turning out of a road onto another and just scared people nearby in car-parks when I turned.

These Pirelli All seasons are nice and quiet and absolutely no crabbing

I couldn't actually find any other manufacturer making both the front and rear sizes in the same all season tyre ...

Asda tyres were the cheapest. Only issue is tyres are 168mph rated and not 186mph.

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 265/45R20 108W XL 2 £220.54
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 295/40R20 110W XL 2. £219.76

Got £40 discount for buying 4 tyres, and they were fitted by my favourite car tyre place who couldn't get anywhere near on the pricing of the rears. The rears are officially Maserati tyres (or was it the fronts)

Cheers
Richard
Cheers mate,I like your mini review on this..I’m going to cancel my Order with the Pzero’s & order a set of Scorpion’s

Just beware fitting tyres that are lower sped rating than manufactures tyre rating can invalidate insurance unless you inform them if the change

Last edited:
Just beware fitting tyres that are lower sped rating than manufactures tyre rating can invalidate insurance unless you inform them if the change
Not with winter tyres, they’re often a lower speed rating - on modern cars the top speed can be adjusted via the cluster menu for use with winter tyres.

Load rating is different though, fitting tyres with a lower load rating is not advisable and could absolutely cause a problem with insurance in the event of a claim.

The glc63 is in my local dealer(sundown Mercedes)for a check on the exterior temp sensor as the Readings ain’t accurate...they told my while they have the car they will update the control module software
Also I complained about the crabbing & see if they will give me new winter tires under the warranty(fingers crossed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom