GLC 63S - Potential new car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmyca69

Car
Looking for new one
Hi all,

Had been looking to upgrade my 66 plate X5 40d with a 2018 X5M F85 but have had my head turned by the GLC 63S.

I have a few questions that hopefully I can find the answers to....

1) When did the GLC 63 have ppf’s fitted? With my 2019 M5 it was any built post Aug 2018, so wondered if there was a way of telling on the GLC63’s? Or do all of them have the filters?

2) How does the performance exhaust differ from the standard sports exhaust? Is there difference in exhaust volume or is it just the latter allows control of the exhaust valves?

3) Is there a documented service schedule for them I can reference when enquiring on cars to check they are meeting service history? Am I right that on the S versions it needs the 1850 mile rear diff oil change and servicing is an A after 12 months (then every 2yrs) and a B after 24 months (then every 2yrs)?

4) I am aware of the crabbing issue reported with these, are there specific tyres fitted to overcome this to look out for? Is it correct to check outer tyre wear on standard tyres? also what is the standard tyre on these? is it same brand for all the alloys or different ones for the alloy size? the cars I am looking at both are 21".

5) It is likely that any car I buy will have a balance of the MB warranty left, what are extension costs like on these? and also are MB open to being contacted to confirm the warranty is still valid on a particular car?

5) Finally has anyone gone from an X5 F series (X5M or one of the diesels) to a GLC 63S? Or even driven both? as I would be interested in any feedback, especially around practicality and every day usage. I only do around 6k miles per annum so mpg isn't an issue, but the practicality of the X5 inside space and driving position has been excellent for me as would use it as a family wagon but also a weekend enjoyable blast with the noise...

Thanks!
James

Not quite in the same ball park,but I've returned to mercedes from a E70 40d msport to a ml63 amg with performance pack.
The ml is slightly smaller than the X5,so I imagine the glc is a lot smaller all round.

Grin factor,the merc obviously wins hands down and you're never going to get bored of the performance/noise/ theatre that these sort of cars deliver.

Thanks - I found the Carwow practicality vids for the GLC and F15 X5 which was good to see interior space etc is on a par albeit a little bit smaller.

Still trying to work my way through other info, just noticed there are two 5's above in my list as well :rolleyes:

It will feel small compared to the X5, so probably best to try before you buy.

Thanks, that is what I was worried about. I will try and find a local GLC to see if I can check that out.
Any model/trim GLC should give you an idea of the size, and if the size is OK then the performance is u likely to disappoint 👍🏻

These practicality videos from Carwow have made me feel a little better about the GLC vs the X5 in terms on interior space.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am looking into if I can go see a local GLC at MB for driving position and a better feeling around size as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom