GLC buying advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breham

Car
W204 C63
After test driving all the SUV in the range for my wife, she is leaning towards the GLC. We tested it for the crabbing issues as I have read it being an issue, but felt nothing in the test drive and as this is a low speed it does not worry us.

We are looking at the GLC 250 petrol with night package, 20 inch allows, running boards and the premium plus package and my wife thinks the car looks ace. Now we are down to negotiating the deal.

So far we have been offer about £4,000 off list and 5.9% as we are looking at a 3 year lease on a PCP.

I would welcome any thoughts or feedback on how far I can push the dealer, at the moment it feels pretty standard, nothing compelling me to buy now.

Get a quote from Carwow and show it to your dealer.

Funny you mentioned that, just done it, thats pushed it up. Any experience on MB moving on the APR, noticed BMW is lower at the moment?

After test driving all the SUV in the range for my wife, she is leaning towards the GLC. We tested it for the crabbing issues as I have read it being an issue, but felt nothing in the test drive and as this is a low speed it does not worry us.

We are looking at the GLC 250 petrol with night package, 20 inch allows, running boards and the premium plus package and my wife thinks the car looks ace. Now we are down to negotiating the deal.

So far we have been offer about £4,000 off list and 5.9% as we are looking at a 3 year lease on a PCP.

I would welcome any thoughts or feedback on how far I can push the dealer, at the moment it feels pretty standard, nothing compelling me to buy now.
Before signing check whether it’s a PCP or a lease, because there are differences in what happens if you want to change cars before the term is completed, and if you want to keep the car at the end of the term (amongst other things).

It's obviously a PCP but some people refer to them as leases for some reason.

Has something happened to the price of GLCs? I was seeing them at massive discounts recently.

The crabbing happens in cold weather. Mercedes asked dealers to get customers to sign waivers saying they were aware of it, but that idea didn't last long.

The facelift version can't be far away now.

The facelift has slight tweaks to grill, lights and interior. With some of the discount of list and seeing the new pictures, it does not bother us. Thansk for the heads up on drive the deal, started that last night.

With the massive amount of bad publicity on right hand drive GLC's I'm surprised you can still buy them in the UK.
Have they actually fixed the crabbing issue for good ?

^^ this! I am seriously considering a GLC in the future but the bad publicity surrounding them REALLY put me off. I suspect we will end up with an X3 or a Q5. The crabbing issue was a spectacular own goal. Made worse by there being no proper fix.

^^ this! I am seriously considering a GLC in the future but the bad publicity surrounding them REALLY put me off. I suspect we will end up with an X3 or a Q5. The crabbing issue was a spectacular own goal. Made worse by there being no proper fix.
Not a word of crabbing from the world of left hand drive GLC's so it must be a RHD issue.

Indeed...it was something to do with conversion to rhd. Steering geometry or something iirc. Still piss poor for a premium suv.

Indeed...it was something to do with conversion to rhd. Steering geometry or something iirc. Still piss poor for a premium suv.

I forget without searching for it, but the front diff is different (no pun intended).

It's shame - I thought it might be the car to replace my old C Class estate but we tend to buy cars and then keep them in the family for a long time. I guess if you were PCPing and intending to hand it back then it wouldn't matter so much, as long as Mercedes is fitting the right tyres as standard now.

.......as long as Mercedes is fitting the right tyres as standard now.

Which is just masking the symptoms, not solving the problem, which from what I've read is a feature of (poor) design. It is poor that MB didn't anticipate the impact right-hand drive would have on steering geometry. Would be interesting to see how other SUVs deal with the issue.

I think the GLC is the best looking 4x4 Mercedes make, the proportions are near-perfect.

The biggest issue for most potentials buyers is the dreadful crabbing, there’s an (in)famous thread on here about the issue, not what you’d expect from a “premium” brand.

I think the GLC is the best looking 4x4 Mercedes make, the proportions are near-perfect.

I agree. I did look at it at the time, but most second-hand ones were Diesel, sadly petrol GLC seem few and far between. I bought a W204 instead....

Had a new GLC 350D as a courtesy car for 2 weeks, I didn't find any problems with it, no crabbing, was actually v impressed

I have a GLC and it does suffer from crabbing, mines on pilot sport 4s tyres but a work around (there is no fix) is to have all-season tyres fitted.
Just make sure when you order the car that you choose wheels that have the all season available and the dealer agrees to have them fitted before you pick the car up.
I can't have all season tyres on mine as they don't do them to fit my wheels so I will have to fit winter tyres in Oct to combat the crabbing that get worse the colder the weather gets

Don’t hold your breathe on supply.
Ordered in March for June delivery, last date (4th) last week, still no update from the dealer despite chasing today!

Mine is 250 petrol

The dealer saw I had carwow prices and took that into account in the deal

Took delivery of mine in mid July. I was convinced I saw that they would have all weathers fitted but they came with summers on. Apparently it's a factory fit option that you have to opt for so check with the dealer

Don’t hold your breathe on supply.
Ordered in March for June delivery, last date (4th) last week, still no update from the dealer despite chasing today!

Mine is 250 petrol

The dealer saw I had carwow prices and took that into account in the deal

Some thing wrong there! I ordered mine in March and it was delivered in mid July as promised.
I went through DTD, the dealer nearly cried when I showed him the quote, £9 1/2k off list price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom