GLC Folding rear seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8ig_steve

Car
GLC 250D Sport
I use my car for work and regularly drop the back seats and fill it with all manner of things.
I am always infuriated by the front seats moving forward by 6" when i drop the back ones, I then have to go to each front door and reset the seat positions so that I know how much room I have for loading.
I am 6'4" and the rear seats don't come anywhere near the back of the drivers seat yet still it moves, the passenger seat is set for my wife 5'3" and even that one moves.
Does anyone know how I can stop this totally stupid and totally unnecessary function. I have asked my dealer and got the usual blank face.

The same thing happens in our E Class too. It's fine for those who occasionally lower the rear seats but a total pita for those who do so on a regular basis. :doh:

Ant.

Confused here!

I have just taken delivery of an New E Class, I too lower the rear seats regularly for the same reason as you Steve, in-fact I've just been outside and done it to check.....my front seats don't move!

Also when looking for my new motor I originally fancied the same car as you the GLC Sport 250.

So whilst looking would drop the seats to make sure there was enough space for me etc, however at no point do I remember the front seats moving!

Due to this I conclude there must be a setting somewhere buried deep in the settings which allow you to turn it off. On saying this I haven't seen one on mine which allows you to turn it on :)

Mine does the same, when I lower the driver side back seat to get golf trolley in the back, It's really annoying and I can't find how to switch it off, Perhaps when it's 3 years old I'll get a 'coder' to sort it for me. And that annoying beep beep that tells me theres a car near when there isn't.

obviously it's to allow maximum length loads to be put in the rear without hitting the seat rear.

I only put the rear seats down occasionally, and initially thought the front seats moving forward was quite smart. But I've come to conclude that it really isn't mostly necessary.

I'm unaware of any option to turn it off.

I don't know if a setting to stop that happening. I'm sure in the E Class it doesn't do it when you've got the head rests down, but the E Class has a button in the centre console to lower all the rear headrests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this only happens when you have memory seats fitted.
It is no good the seats moving forward to suit long loads if I can't get in!!
This is just a Mercedes graduate software coder filling in on a Friday afternoon

This is just a Mercedes graduate software coder filling in on a Friday afternoon

Clearly the thinking was for a cramped up "regular" steve as opposed to a big steve.:rolleyes:

I have memory seats in the new E Class and it doesn't do it, that's a no then :)

It not doing it in the E class does not really help.

It is in the user manual for the GLC, if memory seats are fitted the front seat will move forward when the rear seat is folded, the instruction continues that you should then go to the front seat and put it back to it's original position.

I have yet to work out how this is ever going to be a helpful function

It not doing it in the E class does not really help.

It is in the user manual for the GLC, if memory seats are fitted the front seat will move forward when the rear seat is folded, the instruction continues that you should then go to the front seat and put it back to it's original position.

I have yet to work out how this is ever going to be a helpful function

The E class reply was because someone mentioned that their E class also did this. As mine didn't I thought maybe there was a way to stop it doing it.

With regards it being a helpful function, if it didn't do this would you not have to manually move the seat s forward every time you dropped the rear seats in the GLC:dk:

The E class reply was because someone mentioned that their E class also did this. As mine didn't I thought maybe there was a way to stop it doing it.

I mentioned the E Class But mine is the 212

It's a good point you make about the rear seat headrests catching the back of the front seats. :thumb:

even with the back head rests up, they don't catch the front seat in the fully back position, I drive with the drivers seat all the way back.

Seems a bit pointless then dunnit :)

A bit like the button on the centre console on mine which lowers the rear headrests, Why???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom