GLC/GLE43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paneraiseeker

Hi if this topic has been discussed before then I apologize in advance. Anyhow, with a budget of 40k I'm perhaps looking at either GLE43 or a GLC43. Will be a coupe and leaning towards the GLC as the GLE 's cabin is a little outdated.
Can anyone give me any feedback on the two? For my money, I'll have a newer GLC rather than the older GLE, or is the GLE worth paying the extra for?

Many thanks

Hi if this topic has been discussed before then I apologize in advance. Anyhow, with a budget of 40k I'm perhaps looking at either GLE43 or a GLC43. Will be a coupe and leaning towards the GLC as the GLE 's cabin is a little outdated.
Can anyone give me any feedback on the two? For my money, I'll have a newer GLC rather than the older GLE, or is the GLE worth paying the extra for?

Many thanks
It really depends upon what you need the car to do. A pre-facelift GLC won't feel streets ahead of the GLE inside, but it will be a little more modern. If you need the space or weight for towing then I would go for the GLC. I say that as a GLE fanboi, because what's the point in moving a bigger car around if you don't need the added space/weight?

GLC43 owner here, have enjoyed the car very much.
For 40k you should be able to get a fully kitted out prem plus model, with features such as 360 camera and burrmeister sound. Distronic too, but that may be standard anyway.
Bought mine with 19" wheels, which have added a bit of pliability, and shod with very good Avon zx7 tyres.
Returns 25 mpg.

It really depends upon what you need the car to do. A pre-facelift GLC won't feel streets ahead of the GLE inside, but it will be a little more modern. If you need the space or weight for towing then I would go for the GLC. I say that as a GLE fanboi, because what's the point in moving a bigger car around if you don't need the added space/weight?
Do you mean if you DONT need the space or weight for towing?

I'm on my second GLC so I suppose that speaks for itself. It tows effortlessly and is more than big enough for carting the detritus of family life around but not too big that it's unwieldy or drives like a barge.

I just picked up my facelift 20 plate GLC43 a couple of days ago (after getting a bit of a deal at Birmingham mercedes for it) and, even though its early days, I absolutely love it. Its big enough to be practical, but still feels pretty agile etc - not sure if the GLE would be a bit like driving a barge with a rocket booster on the back!

A bit like regbuser i opted for the 19 inch alloys that perhaps make it a little more forgiving over bumps than 21s potentially would.....even managed a staggering 27mpg on the motorway!

I would say unless you need the extra space or just want a massive SUV the GLC is a good way to go.

I just picked up my facelift 20 plate GLC43 a couple of days ago (after getting a bit of a deal at Birmingham mercedes for it) and, even though its early days, I absolutely love it. Its big enough to be practical, but still feels pretty agile etc - not sure if the GLE would be a bit like driving a barge with a rocket booster on the back!

A bit like regbuser i opted for the 19 inch alloys that perhaps make it a little more forgiving over bumps than 21s potentially would.....even managed a staggering 27mpg on the motorway!

I would say unless you need the extra space or just want a massive SUV the GLC is a good way to go.
Well done and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my 43. I’m on 19in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom