GLC Key Reprogramming Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yewtrees

Car
GLC300
Hi Everyone,

I've just purchased a nearly new, current model GLC 300 from my local Mercedes dealer, but it came with only one key. The dealer has agreed to order a replacement key and said it will need to be paired with the vehicle when it arrives. Although I'll then have two keys, I'm somewhat uncomfortable that there will be a third key out there somewhere. So I was wondering if, as part of the pairing process when the new key arrives, it would be possible to reprogram the vehicle and the existing key, so as to render the missing key useless?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can offer.

Dealers will delete the lost key from the database as a matter of course, which will render the missing key useless.

No harm in confirming with the dealer that this was actually done, though.

But as said, this part of the standard process.

Dealers will delete the lost key from the database as a matter of course, which will render the missing key useless.

No harm in confirming with the dealer that this was actually done, though.

But as said, this part of the standard process.
Thanks for the info. Does that mean 2 keys for the same vehicle have different identities?

Well your ecu will have around 6 different codes for keys when they give the new key one of the unused numbers they can remove the missing keys number so you should have no worry about somebody having a key for your car.

Thanks for the info both of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom