GLC Owners Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara85

Car
Mazda CX-5
Hi everyone, new here.

I currently drive a Mazda CX-5 and its nice and has been good to me but im thinking of swapping it for a new Mercedes GLC And im hoping you can all help.

2yrs ago i was dignosed with a condition called tinnitus and loud noises over 70dbl can make it worse. The cabin noise in my 2015 CX-5 is too loud it reachs over 72dbl when at speed on the motorway. Im looking for a car that is quiet in the cabin. Under 70dbl. I have read the GLC has very good soundproofing and when i test drove one it was under 70dbl but i want to check with owners that it is quiet.

I have always wanted a Mercedes-Benz car and love the GLC its the most suited Mercedes for me and am in a postion to afford a GLC.

Do you find your GLC quiet?

My friends are telling me to get a audi Q5 as its really quiet but i just dont like it as much as i love the GLC.

I know that tyres can affect cabin noise but i will be putting good quiet tyres on my car.

I also have been told by an American friend that in america mercedes do a sound cancelling upgrade option there. Does anyone know if that is available in the UK?

Sorry to hear about your problem, which I also suffer from. I can't answer from direct experience, but would offer a couple of thoughts. I think your approach of trying the car on a (hopefully fairly long) test drive is the best and probably only way of getting something which suits you. You are right that the tyres can make quite a difference but, as you probably know, the particular road surface has a very big effect. So it would be important to try the car over a range of conditions if you can, particularly ones that you already know to be noisy. The second thought is that there are two main types of suspension - standard and "air body control" air suspension. As well as affecting the ride quality, I think it is possible these will influence noise transmission in to the cabin. So it could be important to ensure that you test something as close as possible to the specification you end up ordering. This would apply to wheel size as well. Regarding tyres, if there is an option of all season tyres, you might find these are quieter.
I am fairly sure there is no noise cancelling option available in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom