GLC rear heated seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
Well, i've started my GLC rear heated seat retrofit. Door cards done, genuine pads installed in the seat bases - still to to the seat backs and make a wiring loom - but i'm waiting for the connectors to connect to the pads.

Very dissapointed children who have now pressed the button, it lights up - thought they were going to get warm, but then the lights go out as half the system is missing ..

Picture of new rear door switches attached

R

Attachments

• Rear-Htd-Seats.jpeg
    Rear-Htd-Seats.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 28
Hi, Richard
Do you have any pictures of the seats in bits, interested to see how the covers come off.

I have started to get the bits together for my w212, Kids are complaining that my old w211 had them but they were in booster seats then so they never used them! Now they are out, id sold the car and bought one withour rear heated seats lol

Have the control unit so far lol!

Well, i've started my GLC rear heated seat retrofit. Door cards done, genuine pads installed in the seat bases - still to to the seat backs and make a wiring loom - but i'm waiting for the connectors to connect to the pads.

Very dissapointed children who have now pressed the button, it lights up - thought they were going to get warm, but then the lights go out as half the system is missing ..

Picture of new rear door switches attached

R
Those door cards look expensive Richard.....

Any progress on. this Richard ?
Looking at a glc63S and none have heated rear seats so this is a deal breaker over the gle63s thats loaded.

Yup, all done on one car, and then returned it under lease so took out door trim and wiring, and have re-installed in new GLC63s (although I havent yet done the backrests). Started with a S class rear heated seat loom, and chopped/modified it (needed some thick power cable)

No UK GLC will have rear heated seats as not a UK option. Also going to add TV, and as I have head-up-display it has the Aircon system for the enhanced Aircon but missing some sensors etc, so will add the air-quality sensors and make it to auto-air-recycle when it smells bad smells as I miss that from other Mercedes. Will add the proper rear ashtray with the USB-C from facelift too. If lockdown gets extended I'll have completed all the house-hold tasks etc by then so that will be the "take the GLC apart" time.

GLC63s is a lovely car !!!

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for that, would you buy the Glc63s over the Gle 63s?

Yes. I had a W166 ML63 before. GLC is just a really lovely size (no car park dents, 5 of us fit in without arguments) - the only size issue we have is when we go on holiday to the holiday home due to amount of luggage - GLE had quite a lot more boot space. But there a lot of space under floor on GLC too, so its OK !

My issue with W166 is that I got bored of people denting it in car-parks etc !!

Richard

ps, whatever you buy, 360camera is great. Mine has 360 camera and Distronic/Ative-lane-assist etc etc too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom