GLC Roof Bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay2512

Car
X253 - GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus
After searching the net for suitable roof bars I took the plunge and got some MB ones from the local dealer.

£180 Inc VAT which I was happy with.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160611_152236.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160611_152236.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 34
After searching the net for suitable roof bars I took the plunge and got some MB ones from the local dealer.

£180 Inc VAT which I was happy with.

That's a really good price Jay - I bought a set just after I got the car in October but sure I paid more than that!

I didn't buy the MB roof box as I already had a Mont Blanc box - call me sad but it looked quite cool with the box on top and the bikes on the back!

That's a really good price Jay - I bought a set just after I got the car in October but sure I paid more than that!

I didn't buy the MB roof box as I already had a Mont Blanc box - call me sad but it looked quite cool with the box on top and the bikes on the back!

I've also just purchased a bike MB cycle carrier too again at a steal for £115 all in with the adaptor kit.

I have left both bars and cycle carrier on the roof and in fairness there is no whistling or unbearable wind noises.

Happytalk73 said:
Is that to make you look like a young fit athlete Jay? :p Ant.

Well Ant, it was worth a try

Although it does hold my Cube SL Pro road bike just perfect.

Happytalk73 said:
Your bikes name means nothing to me Jay, I'm still running a Grifter. :D

I do plenty of running too Ant........ Found the bike so much easier on the knees!

How's your new car?

Yes, I can imagine that. Running takes its toll doesn't it. And cycling is addictive.

Car is fab Jay, not the 205 I truely wanted but after owning it for 3 months I think it's a great car. Very comfy compared to our little B Class. Kinda glides over pot holes.

Our neighbour has just ordered a GLC250 in polar with PP pack. I told him about yours (and The Babes A45) and how you've had it re-mapped. He said its plenty fast enough for him (he's 70 this year!) and his wife is not getting an A45.

You still over the moon with yours mate?

Ant.

Glad to hear the car is going well! You're right cycling is very addictive, I've got a 75mile sportive this Saturday followed but a 128 mile charity ride the following Friday!! EEEK

The GLC is ok, if I could turn back time to when the S205 had been rejected I should have just ordered a replacement as I miss the low down position of the C Class. That said the GLC has been good to us and has been on a few adventures already! I will keep the GLC till Christmas time and then look to off load it and swap it out for a C43 Coupe.

The A45 is just plain bonkers!! Does put a smile on my face tho, it's like a cheeky school kid who can't help getting into trouble dde05dde05

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom