GLC Spare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paddy1972

Car
2016 GLC SE Executive
Hi there, Just bought a GLC 220d and found it doesn't come with a spare that I find quite worrying for longer journeys.

Can anyone confirm if a C Class or ML class space saving spare would fit, my GLC has 235/65R17 tyres fitted?

thanks in advance

I bought an aftermarket spacesaver for my GLC after searching around, from e-bay trader. Bonus was it fitted under boot floor of my petrol GLC, dont forget you will need high lift jack and suitable wrench, the spacesaver kit I got included jack, wrench, and spare wheel cover

I bought an aftermarket spacesaver for my GLC after searching around, from e-bay trader. Bonus was it fitted under boot floor of my petrol GLC, dont forget you will need high lift jack and suitable wrench, the spacesaver kit I got included jack, wrench, and spare wheel cover
Hi Stubax,
I've been looking for an aftermarket but can only find really expensive for the GLC, just wondering if spacesavers from C Class or ML would fit? Are you able to let me know the size of the tyre on yours please?
thanks, Paddy

Hi Stubax,
I've been looking for an aftermarket but can only find really expensive for the GLC, just wondering if spacesavers from C Class or ML would fit? Are you able to let me know the size of the tyre on yours please?
thanks, Paddy
The tyre size is T145/80 R19 110 M (Continental), the spare kit I purchased was £184.95 from eBay but does include everything you need including shorter wheel bolts all brand new, I paid over £100 just for a spare for my C-Class second hand. If you find a suitable wheel check the centre hub hole size as these can vary.

Hi Stubax,

Could you post or pm me the link for the ebay seller. Wife has just bought a GLC and I too would be happier with a spare wheel.

Cheers

N

Hi Stubax, I've also just bought a GLC AMG spec 220D and like all of you, like to have a spare wheel. I've looked at the item you specified and when you go into the configurater on their site, it says that the specified spare does NOT fit the GLC, which is most odd given they advertise it does !
I've also read that no spare fits the front wheel, as the brake caliper is in the way, so if it's a front tyre that's flat, you have to first remove the rear tyre, put that on the front and the spare on the rear. A real hassle at the best of times ! Stubax, have you tried to fit the spare yet to ensure it fits ?
I am very surprised MB don't have a kit available in the UK. Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks.

MB probably don’t go a spare wheel kit because it will mess up their average emissions calculations.

Thanks, Stubax.

However, Crofters1954 has thrown a curveball by saying it won't go on the front.

So I guess you will be keen to see if it fits now! I know I would!

I'll hold off for a week or so to see if you or someone else can confirm if it fits.

Cheers.

Hi Stubax, I've also just bought a GLC AMG spec 220D and like all of you, like to have a spare wheel. I've looked at the item you specified and when you go into the configurater on their site, it says that the specified spare does NOT fit the GLC, which is most odd given they advertise it does !
I've also read that no spare fits the front wheel, as the brake caliper is in the way, so if it's a front tyre that's flat, you have to first remove the rear tyre, put that on the front and the spare on the rear. A real hassle at the best of times ! Stubax, have you tried to fit the spare yet to ensure it fits ?
I am very surprised MB don't have a kit available in the UK. Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Yes, I tried the spare and it fits the front wheel, although mine is a Sport and not an AMG. Read somewhere on this forum that the spacesaver is legally only supposed to be used on the rear axle

Thanks for your reply Stubax. I would think the Sport and AMG would have the same brake set up? Mine is only an AMG line 220D, although it has 20" wheels, it should be the same as the Sport. I doubt my calipers are different. Interesting about only to be used on the rear, although I've not read that anywhere. Were the bolts supplied with the kit correct, size and length ? Also, does the jack supplied get the car high enough off the ground ?

Cheers.........

Thanks for your reply Stubax. I would think the Sport and AMG would have the same brake set up? Mine is only an AMG line 220D, although it has 20" wheels, it should be the same as the Sport. I doubt my calipers are different. Interesting about only to be used on the rear, although I've not read that anywhere. Were the bolts supplied with the kit correct, size and length ? Also, does the jack supplied get the car high enough off the ground ?

Cheers.........
All components were correct. Jack lifts car high enough to change wheel. Had numerous jack's including trolley jack but none went high enough.

Great news. Many thanks for your insight and delighted the complete kit does the job ! I'll order it and give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom