GLC250d Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay2512

Car
X253 - GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus
I've had many cars of mine remapped in the past, actually all of them by the same tuner with exception to the S205 250 bluetec as this car was problematic from day one so I never bothered.

Anyway thought I'd share for those other GLC runners the results.

Tuner - Celtic Tuning
BHP - 255
560NM

http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/en/co...5/diesel/250d-204-bhp-2015/stage-1#t3-content

So on the drive to their HQ in Cornwall I managed 44/45mpg, return journey I managed near identical figures and if I'm honest i was driving a little heavy on the right foot.

At the point of tuning my car had 800 mile on the clock.

As always everything works as it should, but with a bit more get up and go! Prior to the remap the engine was fairly lively for this size of vehicle, but the remap has made it feel like the E350 courtesy car I had a while back.

I've done just over 300 miles with the Newley installed map and the characteristics in the car have changed noticeably and not to the detriment of the vehicle. So I've noticed prior to the map the 9G would be inclined to kick down from 5 to 4 when close to 1200 rpm and you press the throttle. Now the car picks itself up and makes the most of the available torque.

At 2200-2500rpm it's pulls real hard and goes up to the red line without missing a beat, power is pretty linear without major drop off at the end.

Overall the car has now got a good amount of shove when required, should come in handy for overtaking when traveling over to Wales each weekend.

I was of the understanding it would be prudent to run a few thousand miles before remapping? 800 miles seems a little previous.

Maybe I'm misinformed and someone far more knowledgeable than I will chip in here.

Last edited:
I was of the understand it would be prudent to run a few thousand miles before remapping? 800 miles seems a little previous.

Maybe I'm misinformed and someone far more knowledgeable than I will chip in here.

I agree with both of you Red. :D

Red C220 said:
I was of the understanding it would be prudent to run a few thousand miles before remapping? 800 miles seems a little previous. Maybe I'm misinformed and someone far more knowledgeable than I will chip in here.

With a high performance car maybe, but with this I don't believe it causes issues. Providing I don't thrash it everywhere then the wear should be no greater than that of a standard car. My last W204 was done at 2000 miles and had no problems over 34,000

Thanks for the info. Pick my GLC up in a few months & mine will be seeing a remap.

Thanks, Rappy:cool:

Slightly off topic.... How are you finding the Burmester?
Coming from Dynaudio & Bose I'm hoping it lives up to the claims.

Rappy:cool:

Out of interest how much is the remap ?

Also interesting that the "eco" map ends up with higher torque figures than the stage 1 map, but at the expense of BHP.

Be interesting to see the difference in the torque curves between pre and post map.

Out of interest, what was the hit on the insurance after the remap?

Slightly off topic.... How are you finding the Burmester?
Coming from Dynaudio & Bose I'm hoping it lives up to the claims.

Same as the S205 I had, it's got some good bass but the door speakers on a higher pitch can vibrate.

Out of interest how much is the remap ?

Also interesting that the "eco" map ends up with higher torque figures than the stage 1 map, but at the expense of BHP.

Be interesting to see the difference in the torque curves between pre and post map.

If you go mobile it's around £350 ish I think. As I've had a few before I handed over £250.

Do you have a hand held device to flash it back to stock?. What is the actual mpg now?

Very interesting on the remap as will consider this when I pick my GLC250 up as well, also glad the Baumeister is OK as mine has that.

What's the score in terms of the remap being detectable by MB at service or getting it reapplied if MB delete it during a software update (I'may assuming it's a traditional tune not a box?)

Cheers,

James.

Very interesting on the remap as will consider this when I pick my GLC250 up as well, also glad the Baumeister is OK as mine has that.

What's the score in terms of the remap being detectable by MB at service or getting it reapplied if MB delete it during a software update (I'may assuming it's a traditional tune not a box?)

Cheers,

James.

I would steer clear of the remaps, they are possible via obd2 still with denso ecu's, with warranty not worth risk. Tuning box best bet!!

Bermester system is great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone

I would steer clear of the remaps, they are possible via obd2 still with denso ecu's, with warranty not worth risk. Tuning box best bet!!

Bermester system is great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone

Great to hear about the audio, but even tuning boxes leave a trace.

Not on these denso's. On edc17 yes.

Easy to fit, open bonnet, lock car, wait 20 mins for car to go to sleep, then, fit box, close bonnet, open car, start car, jobs a good one.

Sent from my iPhone

Bermester system is great [emoji106]?dffb

Sent from my iPhone

On the newer car the tuning boxes can be hit and miss. The farther in law has a DTUK CRD T+ unit fitted to his ML250 and constantly activates the EML light on emissions. Hence as per my other vehicles I've gone remap, choose a reputable company and you can't go wrong.

Not worried over warranty as I trust the tuner over the years and don't fear a thing.

The dealer has known in the past I've had vehicles done and just gave me a cheeky wink to say they had updated the engine software during service.

At the end of the day I was willing to run the risks and I will enjoy the rewards!!

Interesting ta, will see what it's like out the box and go from there.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom