GLC43 AMG Performance Seats Option

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OCD BAL

Car
ML63 AMG
I'm ordering my new GLC43 AMG and am tempted to go for the optional "Performance Seats". They certainly look much better to me but I'm wondering how the comfort level is compared to the stock seats. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have standard nappa leather sports seats in my C63, in chilli red and think they look great and are really comfortable too, I don't think they're available in that leather in the 43 models. However I've read some reports, on here I think, and on the AMG Lounge that the AMG performance seats can be a tad uncomfortable on longer journeys.

I guess the only answer is to try and get a good long test drive with both seats....

RR

Performance seats have virtually no padding, you have to carry you own. It all depends if you find park benches comfy you would be thrilled with the seats. They look the biz though and I would get them had I not sat in them.

I suggest you try before you buy. I found it not as comfortable on long journeys as the standard sports seats. Looks good though.

Performance seats have virtually no padding, you have to carry you own. It all depends if you find park benches comfy you would be thrilled with the seats. They look the biz though and I would get them had I not sat in them.

Padding doesn't always mean better comfort, the seats in my Lotus Elise S3 were very comfortable over long journeys and had hardly any padding, and next to no adjustment....they were just brilliantly designed seats.

Again, in my experience a (very) long road test is the only way to test comfort of car seats.

RR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom