GLC43 AMG - This sounds and looks good!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Little Lofty said:
It will indeed, used GTS are going for £10k over list at the moment.

Check online, they start from £99k which is £10k below list.

Think we are talking about different cars. The Macan GTS list price is £55k, cheapest on AT is £77k

Porsches list prices bear little resemblance to the final invoice costs once you added essential extras like seats, steering wheels, blue tooth, glass, wheels, floor mats, and engine etc.

They aren't like other manufacturers, you get a blank slate and add what you like. They've only just started included the sat nav system as standard in Cayenne's and built the cost into the list price.

The options are also eyewateringly expensive.

On a slight tangent I noticed coast2coast cars offering as much as 9% discount on a new C43 AMG estate/saloon. That's awful for a new incoming model that hasn't even arrived yet.

I'd actually prefer the Porsche business model with MB and I'm sure the dealers would, everyone would know where they stood. The monthlies probably wouldn't be effected as the residual values would be higher anyhow.

This discounting situation isn't sensible.

Porsches list prices bear little resemblance to the final invoice costs once you added essential extras like seats, steering wheels, blue tooth, glass, wheels, floor mats, and engine etc.

They aren't like other manufacturers, you get a blank slate and add what you like. They've only just started included the sat nav system as standard in Cayenne's and built the cost into the list price.

The options are also eyewateringly expensive.

True :D , but that car up for £77k would have only cost £62k ish, so it's a got a £15k markup. I think that's pushing it a bit but a few have been advertised at £10k over and have quickly disappeared. I'm trying to keep mine under £65k, but it's difficult as like you say the options list long and expensive. I too noticed the already high discount on the C43, it may sell like hot cakes, or it may not but it seems strange to offer discounts on a car that isn't even built yet.

Little Lofty said:
Think we are talking about different cars. The Macan GTS list price is £55k, cheapest on AT is £77k

Sorry thought you was referring to the Amg Gt.

It's between that and an E43 Estate for us. With a possible curveball, I keep looking a Porsche Cayenne GTS's but I'm not sure I can bring myself to spend that much money on a car.

I'd heard the GLC was going to be available as a 450, so I assumed this was coming after they decided to change the name.

The sidesteps are a design shocker though, sure they look great but they just get in the way when you're getting out. I'd go without the side steps.

They really are :(

Bit of a thread revival, I've got a GLC43 on order since last week. Build on 13/10 and should be at port on 25/10. Can't wait. Have ordered it without a test drive, well I test drove a GLC 250d and to me it felt underpowered and once specced up there was only a few pounds between them. We are downsizing from our current GL class and didn't like the GLE (ML) looks wise.

We did look at the Porsche Macan as well but didn't like the boot space on that, and where we live they are just a common as the Land/Range Rovers.

Anyway can't wait for ours.

Nice choice, which colour did you go for?

Nice choice, which colour did you go for?

I went with Obsidian Black, standard black seats, and the 21" 'black' alloys. I didn't go for the night package as the 'black' alloys still have their polished parts on it and I thought it would tie it neatly together with the roof bars and other styling elements.

Other options were the Premium Plus pack, Intelligent Light System, Remote Online. It was pretty good as standard.

I had the 360 Camera on our current GL but as this is so much smaller I just didn't think it was worth the extra cost. Parking will be a doddle :) Also didn't get the side running boards, we don't use them now on the GL and the GLC is so low down compared to that. Sytner had a version without them in the showroom and I thought it looked awesome without the running boards.

It is going to be a long October waiting for it :)

Sounds lovely, and Obsidian really suits the GLC :thumb:

Yes, sounds a stunner. Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives.

ant.

It is in build now, I got rid of our GL yesterday - cant wait for the GLC 43 to arrive in a couple of weeks.

The performance and car you get for your money is actually very good in comparison to other marques. That sounds like a really good all rounder!

The performance and car you get for your money is actually very good in comparison to other marques. That sounds like a really good all rounder!

Indeed, I was expecting there to be say £10K-£15K in it compared to the 350d and be aligned with the Macan, SQ5 etc. But alas it is not, I'm not complaining :)

Well today was the day for me :) Picked it up lunch time. It was nicely wrapped up like a lovely little early Christmas present.

kApPIyGQ.jpg

It had 10 miles on it, and now about 50 :) It is really really nice. As explained earlier in this thread, my outgoing vehicle was a Mercedes GL class, so two sizes up. As such I was already familiar with the controls, command online, aromatic etc. But I had Harmon Kardon and now Burmester for the sound. I've got to say, considering it is new, the Burmester sounds pretty fantastic!

The car looks awesome, I'm very pleased with it. Obsidian Black with the standard interior.

EkdJM4qn.jpg

Naturally I haven't pushed it hard as I want to run it in, but early results are promising. I've never test driven one before, so almost bought it 'unseen' if it wasn't for the configurator. The engine seems a peach, very responsive and civilised in Comfort mode, throttle response definitely sharpens in Sport, and the sound in Sport+ is very addictive as is the instant on/off throttle response. And that sound in Sport+ it will be very addictive.

GABqAVHL.jpg

The handling is very good, much lighter compared to my GL, and the airmatic suspension is doing an absolutely sterling job keeping this vehicle under control. It is really good, less bouncy and seasick than what the GL did in comfort mode.

dSwqprD7.jpg

All in all I'm very pleased with it. If I'm allowed to be a little critical, whilst it is a very, very, very fast SUV, it isn't as bonkers as I know AMG's to be of old. For us this is perfect as it is my wife's daily driver, and it truly is fast. But if you want a bonkers AMG I'd wait for the GLC63 version. Or better get this one and then get a C63 Coupe :)

Nice :)

Have you tested out the consumption yet ?

I know the AMG is not about it but it's not bad to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom